Home CrackBerry Q&A > Ask a Question

How to run WhatsApp on BB Passport (OS 10.3.3.3216)?

Asked: Nov 13 2018 | 1:22 pm EST 3175 Views 5 Answers View Best Answer

Hi guys,
after improving my Passport by Cobalt's features I was able to run a lot of Android apps - so first of all BIG THANKS for that!
One of them was WhatsApp - I simply downloaded it from GooglePlay, run and thats it. After 2 months of succesfull usage one day it stopped to work. OK, I deleted it and reinstall WhatsApp (from Google Play again). Since that I am getting ".. WhatApp needs Google Play Services which are not supported on this device". I tried also to patch the WhatsApp apk but with patched app I am unable to get the verification SMS or call because I am getting another message "There is a problem with your version of WhatsApp application. Download the most recent version from Google Play".
So anybody has idea how to make it working ?

Best Answer

More Answers

Nov 14 2018 | 6:00 am EST Bajinek

Thanks for brisk answer Bla1ze. Unfortunatelly this does not work - I am still getting the same message "WhatApp needs Google Play Services which are not supported on this device" after patch by WhatsFixer.
Nov 14 2018 | 4:00 pm EST dubengeldu

Thanks for brisk answer Bla1ze. Unfortunatelly this does not work - I am still getting the same message "WhatApp needs Google Play Services which are not supported on this device" after patch by WhatsFixer.
The key is that youpick an android Whatsapp version that suppoerts

4.3 android +
And likely arm platform

Mine runs at 2.18.306 with a patcher. Cantremember ifits from the bb10 store or an online apk

Posted via CB10
Nov 14 2018 | 6:40 pm EST conite

Follow the instructions exactly. You will only be asked the first time. Tap outside the warning box.
Nov 23 2018 | 1:04 am EST Bajinek

Thanks you all guys! After few days of necessary waiting (i did so many attempts to make the WhatsApp working that they banned me for 2 days) I followed your advice precisely and tap OUTSIDE THE BOX which really was what I missed before. It was hard, really hard, you know if you see only button OK...