Hi - am a newbie here.
    I've just got a new KeyOne and I'm trying to port whatsApp chat from my Classic BB10 into the new phone.
    I have followed some other threads and have pressed the 'export conversations for android' and saved whatsApp to a SD card.
    I have then put the SD card in the KeyOne; opened up the whatsApp folder; database.
    I copied what was in the database folder and then renamed it adding today's date.
    I downloaded a File Manager app and then saved the copied folder in the phone's main storage.
    I uninstalled whatsApp and then installed it again, hoping to be able to 'restore' from the copied chats.
    But the new KeyOne whatsApp keeps asking me to backup from Google Play.
    How do I get round this?
    How do I back up my old chats?
    I get a bit nervous about losing data an really don't want to lose my chat history by pressing the wrong buttons!!
    06-25-17 08:14 PM
    I'm not familiar with WhatsApp but is there a way to export your chats on your classic and import them to the KEYone inside the WhatsApp app?

If not, I assume the answer is no you can't do it
    06-25-17 10:49 PM
    There is an "export to android" option media settings in whatsapp for BB10 that may work.

This is a one way road, there is no way to transfer messages from android to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-17 11:51 PM
    yes - I have done the export to android option on my BB10. I just cant figure out how to download into the keyone
    06-26-17 05:08 AM
    Hi - I have a new K1 and am trying to port over old WhatsApp chats from BB10 (classic) using the same methods mentioned above. BUT everytime I reinstall WhatsApp it doesn't give me the option of restore from the internal storage (that I copied from the SD card / ie the WhatsApp chat export data from B10). Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to copy the SD card data into a different folder; a specific place - in the internal storage?
    Or Can I disable google play somehow to stop K1 asking me to use that to upload data? And then it might allow me to restore from storage?? Help greatly appreciated.
    I've installed / uninstalled WhatsApp 5 times already!!!
    06-26-17 08:15 AM