I already asked this question before, but the responses I got were totally unhelpful and ignored the question at hand. So, allow me to try again...

I have an old BB OS7 device, but it often crashes now. When it crashes, I can't do anything, and it literally stays on the same app or page until the battery dies. The only way to get it going again is to do a battery pull. (Even an "alt, shift, del" combo doesn't work sometimes).

Anyway, I'm looking to upgrade to the Classic (love trackpad!), but need to know, since the Classic doesn't have a removable battery, how do you guys restart the device if it crashes and gets stuck?? Thanks.

NOTE: Please do NOT tell me to get an Android or iOS device, or why I'm considering choosing another "dead OS" such as BB10 - this is not my question. If you do not intend to answer my question above, please do not answer, no matter how tempted you might be to give me your "advice" on what phone to get next.
    02-09-18 04:56 PM
    I already asked this question before, but the responses I got were totally unhelpful and ignored the question at hand. So, allow me to try again...

I have an old BB OS7 device, but it often crashes now. When it crashes, I can't do anything, and it literally stays on the same app or page until the battery dies. The only way to get it going again is to do a battery pull. (Even an "alt, shift, del" combo doesn't work sometimes).

Anyway, I'm looking to upgrade to the Classic (love trackpad!), but need to know, since the Classic doesn't have a removable battery, how do you guys restart the device if it crashes and gets stuck?? Thanks.

NOTE: Please do NOT tell me to get an Android or iOS device, or why I'm considering choosing another "dead OS" such as BB10 - this is not my question. If you do not intend to answer my question above, please do not answer, no matter how tempted you might be to give me your "advice" on what phone to get next.
    Hold power button for 32 second. We're telling you to save your money in case you missed the announcement regarding BB10 EOL. We figured if you couldn't figure out something easy, we'd try and be nice and helpful regarding the EOL.
    02-09-18 05:03 PM