On my Z10 I could program keys (when texting) to enter a short line of text - can this be done on the Keyone? I have a long email address which I would like to be able to enter with one or two key presses into any text field. I can see that short cuts can be set up easily but only to apps etc. help much appreciated . . .
    10-27-17 08:15 AM
    On my Z10 I could program keys (when texting) to enter a short line of text - can this be done on the Keyone? I have a long email address which I would like to be able to enter with one or two key presses into any text field. I can see that short cuts can be set up easily but only to apps etc. help much appreciated . . .
    BB10: It was done in the Dictionary, not ShortCut keys I believe...
    On BB10 go to: [Settings] then select: [Language and input] [Prediction and Correction] [Word Sustitution] [Add Shortcut]
    Then give it a short name like: .em (for email) or anything you like, in the 1st input field (called Typing)
    Then type your full email address in the 2nd field. That's it.
    After that when you type the shortcut ".em" in an entry field. The dictionary will suggest the full email as a word suggestion. Look for it in the Word Suggestions near the bottom of the screen Select it, and voila you don't have to type the full address.
    Look for similiar on Blackberry Android ?
    10-28-17 12:18 AM
    The problem is that that predicted text is not invoked in all input screens as far as I can tell, so short-cut input would be really useful
    10-28-17 02:40 AM
    The problem is that that predicted text is not invoked in all input screens as far as I can tell, so short-cut input would be really useful
    Got an example?
    10-29-17 09:34 PM
    Logging into google play requires an email address - when entering the emailaddress on the Keyone into the input field the is no predictive text offered so no point in priming the dictionary. I would like to be able to press a short cut key and insert the email address - is it possible to program the key with text? Any thoughts - thanks
    10-30-17 04:39 AM
    Logging into google play requires an email address - when entering the emailaddress on the Keyone into the input field the is no predictive text offered so no point in priming the dictionary. I would like to be able to press a short cut key and insert the email address - is it possible to program the key with text? Any thoughts - thanks
    Setting-> Keyboard Setting ->BlackBerry Keyboard ->Prediction and Correction ->Word substitution
    10-30-17 07:21 AM
    Not sure how this helps unless I am missing something as predictive text is not applied to the input field in, say, google play login. Being able to program a key to input a string of text into a field is what I want. Thanks
    10-30-17 08:41 AM
    Not sure how this helps unless I am missing something as predictive text is not applied to the input field in, say, google play login. Being able to program a key to input a string of text into a field is what I want. Thanks
    That is what that does. I programed double press "k" for: KEYᵒⁿᵉ
    Did you even try it?
    Edit: Hmm....i think I get what you trying to do. When entering in a Google Field the predicted text doesn't show above the keyboard. Right?
    10-30-17 10:48 AM
    Exactly - I think you have it; no predictive text in google or in other input fields on websites (as far as I can see), I didn't try it as there is no predictive to try. So it would be a time saver to have long press E to enter an email address or a complicated password if you threw caution to the wind . . . much appreciate your thinking on this - can one write and save Macros? that might do it?
    10-30-17 11:30 AM
    Don't think it's possible.
    10-30-17 01:48 PM