Hi Folks,

My awesome Passport is at the bottom of Lake Michigan and the only back up I "think" I have was done a few months ago-I was not sure-but I do have a back up .bbb file on my PC. The Passport is the only OS10 device I had. I have my 9650 and a few Tourches. I figured this was a good time to give the Priv a try. For the past few days I have been researching all around and I cannot seem to find any working info on how to restore that .bbb back up so I can attempt to do the transfer to the Priv. I also do have quite a bit of the contacts, calendar, etc on the 9650 which I was able to back up again. The only thing I can think of is to shell out another few hundred bucks and buy another Passport (which I will not be opposed to but it has been a bit rough lately so any dollars I can save would help )

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
    07-08-17 08:09 AM
    You need another BB10 device, using the same BBID, with an OS version the same or newer.

Backup file itself is encrypted, and there is no other way to extract the data.
    07-08-17 08:10 AM
    I thought that might be the only solution, but wanted to make sure. .......I do have some of that back up synced to Outlook. Can I connect the Priv to Outlook and get the info from there???? I guess I just want to have some info for now and later I most likely will get another Passport (and I debated for 2 days if I should replace the lost one with another Passport-ugh-I should have)...

And THANKS for the quick reply!
    07-08-17 08:33 AM
    I thought that might be the only solution, but wanted to make sure. .......I do have some of that back up synced to Outlook. Can I connect the Priv to Outlook and get the info from there???? I guess I just want to have some info for now and later I most likely will get another Passport (and I debated for 2 days if I should replace the lost one with another Passport-ugh-I should have)...

And THANKS for the quick reply!
    Anything you have in the cloud will be recoverable.
    07-08-17 08:38 AM