I'm trying to transfer my contacts from my classic to my new keyone, but the app tells me I don't have enough space on the data card. I show 1.8GB free space on the card and have unchecked every box for the transfer except contacts since that's all I want to transfer.
    09-17-17 03:45 PM
    I'm trying to transfer my contacts from my classic to my new keyone, but the app tells me I don't have enough space on the data card. I show 1.8GB free space on the card and have unchecked every box for the transfer except contacts since that's all I want to transfer.
    Do you have a lot of Contacts? It should not require that much space.

Do you have a second sd-card that might have more free space - just as a test?
    09-18-17 10:07 AM
    Maybe if you had pictures for each contact... but generally a contact list is pretty small.

Might try another card or reformat that card.
    09-18-17 10:17 AM
    Maybe if you had pictures for each contact... but generally a contact list is pretty small.

Might try another card or reformat that card.
    09-18-17 10:18 AM
    Only way contacts would take that much is if you had pictures for each....

Try another card or reformat that card. Try rebooting the phone also.
    09-18-17 10:19 AM
    Only way contacts would take that much is if you had pictures for each....

Try another card or reformat that card. Try rebooting the phone also.
    09-18-17 10:20 AM
    You could also Export your contacts into a CVS file from your classic and save onto your SD card that way. Then simply open contacts App on KEYone and import the file.
    09-18-17 10:21 AM
    I tried rebooting the phone and reformatting the SD card, but that didn't change anything. Only 150 or so contacts and none of them have pictures. I wonder if the software requires enough space to transfer everything even if I only want to transfer certain things. Have a 256gb card for the keyone with me, but it's to big for the classic to recognize. Transferred most of the contacts on it now from my 9900 and it only used .2GB to transfer everything I had. I'm going to try to figure out the export/import file transfer ray689 suggested and if that doesn't work i'll just have to get a Google e-mail address and set up Google drive to transfer it through the "preferred method" and then delete it once I'm finished.
    09-18-17 12:16 PM
    I tried rebooting the phone and reformatting the SD card, but that didn't change anything. Only 150 or so contacts and none of them have pictures. I wonder if the software requires enough space to transfer everything even if I only want to transfer certain things. Have a 256gb card for the keyone with me, but it's to big for the classic to recognize. Transferred most of the contacts on it now from my 9900 and it only used .2GB to transfer everything I had. I'm going to try to figure out the export/import file transfer ray689 suggested and if that doesn't work i'll just have to get a Google e-mail address and set up Google drive to transfer it through the "preferred method" and then delete it once I'm finished.
    Any luck?
    09-19-17 07:00 PM
    Any luck?
    I couldn't figure out how to get my contacts onto the SD card so I eventually gave up and set up Google drive to do the transfer. Less than. 5 GB change in the memory on my keyone after the transfer so I still find it odd I couldn't do it the other way. Thanks to all for their suggestions.
    09-19-17 08:32 PM
    I couldn't figure out how to get my contacts onto the SD card so I eventually gave up and set up Google drive to do the transfer. Less than. 5 GB change in the memory on my keyone after the transfer so I still find it odd I couldn't do it the other way. Thanks to all for their suggestions.
    That works too. For future reference, when you Export the csv file, it's saves to internal storage. You can just to your filemanage and move it to SD. But glad you got it figured out either way.
    09-19-17 08:34 PM