Hi! First I will say that I've searched these forums repeatedly and checked blackberrymobile.com, Blackberry World, blackberry.com, YouTube, etc., etc., and haven't been able to find something that's quite what I'm looking for (or that I can understand). I've also reviewed the Key2 User Manual and documentation online for BlackBerry Content Transfer.

All I'm looking for is this: I've had a KeyOne for a couple of years and now have a new Key2. I'd simply like to transfer everything that's on my KeyOne to the Key2.

Can I just move my nano-SIM and SD card from the KeyOne to the Key2 and that's it? (I don't think so, because I tried that.) Do I need a new nano-SIM card (I don't have one) for the Key2 before I can copy content over? Does BB Content Transfer not work because these are both Android operating systems? I saw something about transferring data from an Android to an Android; should I do that? Or do I need to use Google Drive to accomplish this?

Also, I have AT&T service for the KeyOne, and I don't know if I have to contact them first to let them know that I want to transfer the service to a Key2. They still offer KeyOnes, but not Key2s. I'm planning to chat with them today, if I can, to ask about this.

Thank you in advance for any simple instructions or advice you can provide (although from what I did find on CrackBerry, it may not be as simple to do as it should be). I appreciate your assistance! It's just that I've loved my BlackBerries -- my physical keyboards especially -- for years and years and can't bear the thought of letting BB go.
    03-15-20 01:38 PM
    Hi! First I will say that I've searched these forums repeatedly and checked blackberrymobile.com, Blackberry World, blackberry.com, YouTube, etc., etc., and haven't been able to find something that's quite what I'm looking for (or that I can understand). I've also reviewed the Key2 User Manual and documentation online for BlackBerry Content Transfer.

All I'm looking for is this: I've had a KeyOne for a couple of years and now have a new Key2. I'd simply like to transfer everything that's on my KeyOne to the Key2.

Can I just move my nano-SIM and SD card from the KeyOne to the Key2 and that's it? (I don't think so, because I tried that.) Do I need a new nano-SIM card (I don't have one) for the Key2 before I can copy content over? Does BB Content Transfer not work because these are both Android operating systems? I saw something about transferring data from an Android to an Android; should I do that? Or do I need to use Google Drive to accomplish this?

Also, I have AT&T service for the KeyOne, and I don't know if I have to contact them first to let them know that I want to transfer the service to a Key2. They still offer KeyOnes, but not Key2s. I'm planning to chat with them today, if I can, to ask about this.

Thank you in advance for any simple instructions or advice you can provide (although from what I did find on CrackBerry, it may not be as simple to do as it should be). I appreciate your assistance! It's just that I've loved my BlackBerries -- my physical keyboards especially -- for years and years and can't bear the thought of letting BB go.
    Don’t call AT&T since it’s unnecessary. I would suggest WALKING into a corporate owned AT&T store with your old KEYone, request a new SIM and then switch that into your new phone AFTER leaving the store.
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 03-15-20 at 01:58 PM.
    03-15-20 01:42 PM
    Thank you! But then what would I need to do after that to move everything from my KeyOne to the Key2? I didn't mean to suggest that I'm a total "dummy." I've transferred my phone data multiple times in the past, from one BlackBerry to the next; I used BlackBerry Link and BlackBerry Content Transfer or however it was done at the time. But I don't remember specifically what I did and it's (to me) more confusing now because it looks like there are a lot of different ways to go about it. I thought that instructions for how to do this would be easy to find; wouldn't plenty of people have moved from KeyOne to Key2? I'm not naturally "techy," but I can figure some things out and follow directions, so I was hoping to find a clear explanation of how to do this here at CrackBerry.
    03-17-20 08:33 PM
    Thank you! But then what would I need to do after that to move everything from my KeyOne to the Key2? I didn't mean to suggest that I'm a total "dummy." I've transferred my phone data multiple times in the past, from one BlackBerry to the next; I used BlackBerry Link and BlackBerry Content Transfer or however it was done at the time. But I don't remember specifically what I did and it's (to me) more confusing now because it looks like there are a lot of different ways to go about it. I thought that instructions for how to do this would be easy to find; wouldn't plenty of people have moved from KeyOne to Key2? I'm not naturally "techy," but I can figure some things out and follow directions, so I was hoping to find a clear explanation of how to do this here at CrackBerry.
    Sorry but I stopped at the KEYone so beyond having everything already backed up on Google and using same Google account for old and new phone, I’ve maxed out my skillset
    MB64 likes this.
    03-17-20 08:39 PM
    Hello - I was going to wait until 2021 to replace my KeyOne but unfortunately my KeyOne got run over and is now only allowing me to make a call to an emergency number and nothing else . So I bought a Key2 and have all the questions you wrote in your 3-15-20 post (and more) I called 3 T-Mobile store locations to try to find one that might have someone who can help me setup my new Key2 and help me transfer content from my KeyOne but did not find someone who could help me. (It is Sunday, so I am planning to make more calls tomorrow to see if I can find someone) Meanwhile, do you think you might be able to help me should I not find someone nearby (Im in San Francisco) who can help me in person. Or I welcome any suggestions you might have for me.
    09-13-20 09:07 PM