So I might want to migrate from eg. a Key2LE to a Key2.

Under iOS, if back up an iPhone with iTunes, you can 1:1 restore it to the same or another iPhone. And not only "copy" data like photos or documents, but ALL accounts, ALL app settings and ALL the positions of the icons on the home screen(s) and all widgedts will get restored properly.

I understand this is probabaly not so easy with a - let's say - migration from a Samsung to a BB device, due to the different UIs etc. Bat what about migrating between BB Android Key# devices?

Is there any way to completely backup device #1 , and to fully resore everything, including icon positions, widgets, app settings, dictionaries, keyboard settings etc. on device #2 ?

I'm explicitely NOT asking for advice on eg the content transfer app that comes with a BB, which transfers content, but not the rest. Also, I never succeeded in making the Google online backup/restore work anything like the iTunes backup/restore function as describen above.

Is there any such function in Android? Or is there any app that can do all that?

So far, I found nothing. ALl I want is to avoid the hassle of having to spend hours to re-establish everything newly, when migrating from Key2 to Key2.
    02-14-19 04:39 AM
    I’m a technology idiot compared to most here. I’ve had relative success with Google online backup restore from PRIV to DTEK to KEYone that I use now. Exactly what didn’t or doesn’t transfer and backup for you? I also went through same process with iPhone 5 to iPhone XR recently. Last year, iPad Mini to iPad 5th generation so I’ve experienced both OS processes more than once...
    02-14-19 07:02 AM
    I’m a technology idiot compared to most here. I’ve had relative success with Google online backup restore from PRIV to DTEK to KEYone that I use now. Exactly what didn’t or doesn’t transfer and backup for you? I also went through same process with iPhone 5 to iPhone XR recently. Last year, iPad Mini to iPad 5th generation so I’ve experienced both OS processes more than once...
    Google restore restored data, and apps, but not icon positions, screen layout, not all app settings, I'm not sure about the entire dictionary that I built on the old device, not the (BB) keyboard settings (which is quite important for me as I use a user defined symbol layout for special chars etc). So it never worked to create a 1:1 setup of the new device.

On iOS, I just recently found that iCloud backup (which I always used) did not re-establish everything properly (eg apps were restored, but their positions on the screens never got restored) - but iTunes backup/restore does really everything properly. The new iPhone looks & behaves exactly like the old one. This is what I would like to achieve for the BBs.
    02-15-19 07:02 AM
    Google restore restored data, and apps, but not icon positions, screen layout, not all app settings, I'm not sure about the entire dictionary that I built on the old device, not the (BB) keyboard settings (which is quite important for me as I use a user defined symbol layout for special chars etc). So it never worked to create a 1:1 setup of the new device.

On iOS, I just recently found that iCloud backup (which I always used) did not re-establish everything properly (eg apps were restored, but their positions on the screens never got restored) - but iTunes backup/restore does really everything properly. The new iPhone looks & behaves exactly like the old one. This is what I would like to achieve for the BBs.
    I'm not sure that is possible. I just did a factory reset and went through all of the stuff you described. I highly doubt any app will capture all of this, particularly the keyboard stuff since almost all android phones are vkb. But I agree it is a pain. Apple has an advantage and can offer this because it controls all aspects of its products.
    02-15-19 09:10 AM

Unfortunately neither OS backup restores perfectly although I believe advantage goes to iOS because of the closed ecosystem and internal hardware and software development. Perhaps Android proprietary hardware is different, however most Android OEMs are licensed hardware developers and software is tweaked different ways. This will lead to differences. Adding BBAndroid to mix just adds some additional layers to overall mix....

Things are what they are. iOS probably better for you if things are desired simplified..
    02-15-19 11:08 AM
    Well, I did not search for recommendations on which OS is good for me or not, but if something exisits that addresses my request.
    As mentioned, I understand the differences in the UIs and HW making this difficult as a general Android feature.
    However, creating an image of a SSD storage, and restoring it on another device that is basically the same or very similar, should not be too difficult. But apparently, nobody wanted to spend the effort, and it probably would not pay off.
    And maybe a non-issue for "regular" users, who keep their phones for years - unlike me, as I enjoy changing phones on a very regular basis.
    But it seems there is no such feature, which I will have to accept. Fair enough.
    02-17-19 05:48 AM