Hi all,
    I have been using the Priv for a year now and while I love it , I have observed that there is a significant slowdown overall observed from opening an app to taking pictures to browsing websites and etc. The speed of the phone seem to have slowed down over the last few months and I am not sure if it is because of the OS or etc. I am a moderate user and I am now reminded of the Kitkat android phones that slow down and never regain their speed to what it was when purchased. Share your observations and thoughts. Is the Priv slowing down with time?
    01-22-17 07:34 PM
    Hi all,
    I have been using the Priv for a year now and while I love it , I have observed that there is a significant slowdown overall observed from opening an app to taking pictures to browsing websites and etc. The speed of the phone seem to have slowed down over the last few months and I am not sure if it is because of the OS or etc. I am a moderate user and I am now reminded of the Kitkat android phones that slow down and never regain their speed to what it was when purchased. Share your observations and thoughts. Is the Priv slowing down with time?
    I have asked some of my people that carry the Priv, seems to be a interesting problem. Some have a slow down and some do not, I wounder if it might have to do with some apps?
    01-22-17 08:31 PM
    I have asked some of my people that carry the Priv, seems to be a interesting problem. Some have a slow down and some do not, I wounder if it might have to do with some apps?
    Hmmm interesting. I have not installed any new apps recently and most of my apps were installed at the beginning when I bought the phone a year back. But yes, most of the apps do get regular updates and it makes me wonder if it is to blame.
    01-22-17 10:19 PM
    Hmmm interesting. I have not installed any new apps recently and most of my apps were installed at the beginning when I bought the phone a year back. But yes, most of the apps do get regular updates and it makes me wonder if it is to blame.
    I bet the updates might be the cause
    01-23-17 04:50 PM
    Here is a couple of things I do to speed up my priv. I try to clear cache as much as possible. Some apps build up cache like crazy like Google newsstand for instance. I also reboot like once a week. I think there is a memory leak in os. If you go into developer options and check running services after a reboot ram will be close to a gig for a while then after a couple days it will drop to 4 to 500 mb. I recently have been limiting background processes to four. This option is close to the bottom of developer options. I know this more than likely chews up more battery but I think it's worth it for the speed. I also stored dpi to 1080. This doesnt play well with all apps but performance seems better.
    01-27-17 07:26 AM
    Here is a couple of things I do to speed up my priv. I try to clear cache as much as possible. Some apps build up cache like crazy like Google newsstand for instance. I also reboot like once a week. I think there is a memory leak in os. If you go into developer options and check running services after a reboot ram will be close to a gig for a while then after a couple days it will drop to 4 to 500 mb. I recently have been limiting background processes to four. This option is close to the bottom of developer options. I know this more than likely chews up more battery but I think it's worth it for the speed. I also stored dpi to 1080. This doesnt play well with all apps but performance seems better.
    Hi, thanks for the suggestions. I do most of the options you had pointed out. Hope there is a OS upgrade to solve memory leak issues. Even after the reboot and clearing caches, the Priv does not have the speed it used to a year back. It functions well, but just with a noticeable lag that has built over the last few months.
    01-30-17 10:25 AM
    Hi, thanks for the suggestions. I do most of the options you had pointed out. Hope there is a OS upgrade to solve memory leak issues. Even after the reboot and clearing caches, the Priv does not have the speed it used to have a year back. It functions well, but just with a noticeable lag that has built over the last few months.
    01-30-17 10:27 AM
    I've had issues with two of the three updates that my DROID has gotten.... found that doing a Factory Restore was a great way to fix those issues.
    01-30-17 11:09 AM
    Yes, my dad's Priv started lagging, slow in multitasking and opening apps, so I sold it and got Edge7 for my dad, he is loving it

Posted via CB10
    01-30-17 12:04 PM
    Update February 24 2017:

3 weeks back I factory wiped my Priv and the performance is back. I last did a factory wipe about eight months back and maybe all the security updates and apps could be a reason for slow downs. I also use Facebook apps which I initially thought was the reason for the slow downs.

For me, factory wipe did the trick. The battery performance has also improved dramatically.
    02-24-17 10:59 AM
    Two Priv 's in the house and no complaints... I can assure you that if there was complaints I would have heard
    02-24-17 05:46 PM