Trying to get a sense of how many Blackberry handset users there are currently worldwide. Most recent estimates would suffice.
    01-13-15 03:58 PM
    One, you

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 04:00 PM
    Trying to get a sense of how many Blackberry handset users there are currently worldwide. Most recent estimates would suffice.
    40 something million I think. Saw this, but not sure where the author gets the number from.

BlackBerry's new Classic smartphone has a physical keyboard, sells for $449 | Computerworld

There's also this:

BlackBerry chief John Chen looking for partners to expand into China | South China Morning Post
    01-13-15 04:04 PM
    The numbers your looking for are as follows..give or take.

-BB users around 14 mill
    -apple users around 20 mill
    -Android users around 83 mill
    -Windows users around...who knows or cares lol!

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    01-14-15 10:22 AM

-BB users around 14 mill
    No idea how you came up with this, but it's really wrong. Have a look at Comscore's data which measures active users in the US and the US alone.

comScore Reports November 2014 U.S. Smartphone Subscriber Market Share - comScore, Inc

Take 178 million American smartphone users in the world and multiply by the percentages listed. Now consider that there's a world of another billion+ smarpthone users outside of the US ...
    01-14-15 01:15 PM
    No idea how you came up with this, but it's really wrong. Have a look at Comscore's data which measures active users in the US and the US alone.

comScore Reports November 2014 U.S. Smartphone Subscriber Market Share - comScore, Inc

Take 178 million American smartphone users in the world and multiply by the percentages listed. Now consider that there's a world of another billion+ smarpthone users outside of the US ...
    My numbers aren't too off..Granted they are from the end of last year, a month before the Classic's release. I got my info from a #s release from BB. I'm sure they are not far off, not trying to be exact, just a ballpark, I'm also sure that was probably US only. The link u posted doesn't even say exact numbers, just market share percentages. I think the basic question was how many people have an actual BB in their hands and not just using BBM... #s are way higher for BB software users..something like 100+ million users for BBM. What makes comscore's #s more accurate than BB?? I'm sure they just go off of recent sales from big name retailers and can't possibly keep up with the BB users that buy second hand via the Internet or "whole in the wall" retailers..BB is the only company that can possibly have the most accuracy on how many BB phones are actually being currently used.

01-14-15 02:45 PM
    My numbers aren't too off..
    They are. The question was asked "worldwide". If the Comscore numbers above are "US only", then you have to assume that the numbers for those platforms are much larger when you factor in the 1.5 billion + smartphone market globally.
    01-15-15 10:24 PM

-BB users around 14 mill

apple sold 40 million iphones last quarter alone....think about that and then look at your numbers. You are nowhere near correct.

Im guessing 35-40 million BB users OP but its really hard to say since BB has cut down on stats it gives out
    01-15-15 10:33 PM
    apple sold 40 million iphones last quarter alone....think about that and then look at your numbers. You are nowhere near correct.

Im guessing 35-40 million BB users OP but its really hard to say since BB has cut down on stats it gives out
    And how many of those millions returned their phone? How many of those apple users switched after that iPhone 6 release to another platform?? Nobody knows that info, so that $40 mill prob isn't accurate either. I personally don't trust 3rd party companies w/ their info, especially is they have stock in any one of those companies..numbers are manipulated to manipulate the market. Case and point, the "Samsung buyout rumor" that jacked up BB's market value for 24 hours, until they denied the rumor and the stocks plummeted back to normal. I just read yesterday that BB added 40 million customers from Apple and Android, u gonna believe that nonsense too?!? I'm a loyal BB fan, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna believe everything I read!

To summarize my opinion, is I can't trust anybody's numbers on blackberry unless the info comes directly from Blackberry! So many people hate on blackberry, it's rare that I read an article by someone that actually doesn't end the article by trashing blackberry.."blackberry seems like it's bouncing back, but they are still lacking in...." that's the common conversation when we're not on this forum!

JUST SHOW ME NUMBERS DIRECTLY FROM BLACKBERRY!

01-16-15 09:07 AM
    And how many of those millions returned their phone? How many of those apple users switched after that iPhone 6 release to another platform?? Nobody knows that info, so that $40 mill prob isn't accurate either. I personally don't trust 3rd party companies w/ their info, especially is they have stock in any one of those companies..numbers are manipulated to manipulate the market. Case and point, the "Samsung buyout rumor" that jacked up BB's market value for 24 hours, until they denied the rumor and the stocks plummeted back to normal. I just read yesterday that BB added 40 million customers from Apple and Android, u gonna believe that nonsense too?!? I'm a loyal BB fan, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna believe everything I read!

To summarize my opinion, is I can't trust anybody's numbers on blackberry unless the info comes directly from Blackberry! So many people hate on blackberry, it's rare that I read an article by someone that actually doesn't end the article by trashing blackberry.."blackberry seems like it's bouncing back, but they are still lacking in...." that's the common conversation when we're not on this forum!

JUST SHOW ME NUMBERS DIRECTLY FROM BLACKBERRY!

you just need to stop. you have no clue what you are talking about and its obvious. You think i pulled the 40 million iphones sold from a 3rd party? Apple provided the numbers themselves, they arent made up at all.

BB "value" didnt go up for 24 hours. Its was about 3 hours as BB came out and denied it very fast actually.

You wont get the numbers from BB because they wont give them. They stopped doing that about 2 years ago.

I can assure you though they have more than 14 million worldwide BB currently in use though, same as i know more than 20 million iphones and 83 million android phones are in use.
    kbz1960 and RubberChicken76 like this.
    01-16-15 11:04 AM
    you just need to stop. you have no clue what you are talking about and its obvious. You think i pulled the 40 million iphones sold from a 3rd party? Apple provided the numbers themselves, they arent made up at all.

BB "value" didnt go up for 24 hours. Its was about 3 hours as BB came out and denied it very fast actually.

You wont get the numbers from BB because they wont give them. They stopped doing that about 2 years ago.

I can assure you though they have more than 14 million worldwide BB currently in use though, same as i know more than 20 million iphones and 83 million android phones are in use.
    Let me start off my saying, the stats I have been giving are from the US. I didn't pay attention to the "worldwide" part of the post. The being said..ok...this is what I just read, similar to the other info I posted, but not the same article. Granted, the info isn't up-to-date but the #'s couldn't be far off for US #s in a few months or even a couple years..

"In 2012, there were 15.8 million smartphone users in the United States using a Blackberry operating system.

Blackberry users in the U.S. - additional information

In 2014, almost 12 million of the projected 164 smartphone users in the U.S. will own a blackberry device, equating to just under 4 percent of the population. This marks a sharp fall from the 18.8 million users in 2010 (over 6 percent of the population)."

http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...ers-in-the-us/

01-16-15 11:39 AM
    Let me start off my saying, the stats I have been giving are from the US. I didn't pay attention to the "worldwide" part of the post. The being said..ok...this is what I just read, similar to the other info I posted, but not the same article. Granted, the info isn't up-to-date but the #'s couldn't be far off for US #s in a few months or even a couple years..

"In 2012, there were 15.8 million smartphone users in the United States using a Blackberry operating system.

Blackberry users in the U.S. - additional information

In 2014, almost 12 million of the projected 164 smartphone users in the U.S. will own a blackberry device, equating to just under 4 percent of the population. This marks a sharp fall from the 18.8 million users in 2010 (over 6 percent of the population)."

? Blackberry smartphone users in the U.S. 2010-2014 | Forecast

Dude, the article you listed is a really old forecast from years ago. You can tell by the wording, the name of the company and the dates. The Comscore article I listed was just published.

They list the actual numbers in it. Simple math tells you, as of November 2014
    Total Americans who own a smartphone: 178,000,000
    BlackBerry 4,094,000 (2.3%)
    iOS 74,760,000 (42%)
    Android 92,560,000 (52%)
    Windows Phone 6,230,000 (3.5%)
    01-16-15 01:28 PM
    Dude, the article you listed is a really old forecast from years ago. You can tell by the wording, the name of the company and the dates. The Comscore article I listed was just published.

They list the actual numbers in it. Simple math tells you, as of November 2014
    Total Americans who own a smartphone: 178,000,000
    BlackBerry4,094,000 (2.3%)
    iOS74,760,000 (42%)
    Android92,560,000 (52%)
    Windows Phone6,230,000 (3.5%)
    Seems like there are more Americans that have BB than $4 mill

Last edited by jmo712; 01-16-15 at 02:03 PM.
    01-16-15 01:35 PM
    Seems like there are more Americans that have BB than $4 mill
    I'm not sure why you're having a hard time understanding what this measures, but it's listed.

Edit: I grabbed the wrong column. The correct calcs are

BlackBerry 3,560,000
    iOS 74,404,000
    Android 93,628,000
    Windows Phone 6,052,000

Bbnivende likes this.
    01-16-15 03:16 PM
    It might be higher than 4 million. I wouldnt be surprised if it was a little higher in the US. Maybe 5-7 million but we just dont have any real certain numbers. Comscore is generally pretty accurate though I would agree.

One thing if for sure, they once had 80 million worldwide users 3 years ago and they were pulling in close to $1b in "services" revenue per quarter which would have been money from BIS. Now they are only pulling in about $350 million so that 80 million users has really dropped. BB10 sales havent been stellar either to make up for the lost BIS users. Until BB themselves comes out with a number of "active" pins we wont really know
    01-16-15 05:34 PM
    I use a , can I be counted?

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1949
    01-16-15 06:47 PM