It's getting near one year many of us using LEAP can NOT make security backup of our devices having AT&T as service providers. I can never purchase another BlackBerry device (my 5th) because of many entries in the data bank and not having the capability to backup and transfer my entries. And, I refuse to switch devices to Apple or Samsung. So, I'm stuck using the same phone the rest of my, its life?
    06-13-17 03:49 PM
    It's getting near one year many of us using LEAP can NOT make security backup of our devices having AT&T as service providers.
    Your carrier has nothing to do with it.

I can never purchase another BlackBerry device (my 5th) because of many entries in the data bank and not having the capability to backup and transfer my entries.
    Your issue is with BlackBerry Link. It's not as if NO Leap user has never backed up their device. BlackBerry Link is buggy and getting buggier by the day, so if you provide more info, perhaps someone could be able to help you figure out what is wrong with Link on your computer.
    06-13-17 03:55 PM
    Thanks for prompt reply, further info:
    For about 14-15 months starting early 2015 I was able to backup my LEAP on a regular basis with
    BB Link to transfer data. I used Link to transfer my data from my Z10 to the LEAP. I'm running
    Win 10.

Last summer 2016, suddenly while waiting for backup to complete I got a msg "backup could not be completed" even though music and photos were properly sync. I've spent hours last year searching and reading BB Community Forums looking for a solution and discovered I was not the only user experiencing this problem. Some forum members on BB have said it was a recent AT&T update to BB OS 10.3.3.1435 causing this problem and matter of time before a new corrected update would be available. That was autumn 2016.

I decided to search again yesterday and came upon CrackBerry. Thanks for it. I deleted BB LINK from my laptop and followed instructions here for a total deletion. I re-installed Link on another MS laptop and tried to backup resulting with the same msg.
    06-13-17 04:12 PM
    It's getting near one year many of us using LEAP can NOT make security backup of our devices having AT&T as service providers. I can never purchase another BlackBerry device (my 5th) because of many entries in the data bank and not having the capability to backup and transfer my entries. And, I refuse to switch devices to Apple or Samsung. So, I'm stuck using the same phone the rest of my, its life?
    I think it's pretty safe to say that you can forget about ever seeing Link updated again EVER, so you should probably look for another way to backup your Leap or move on to another device. You can get 3rd party apps from BB World (I use Ultimate Backup but there are others), that will back up most of the important stuff but not everything. Having said this, you could try Link on a Windows 7 device (if you have one) or try installing Link and Blend by using your Leap. To do this, uninstall ALL Blackberry related software from your PC (even to the point of using a registry cleaner at your own risk, of course). When you are certain ALL Blackberry software is removed, reboot your PC and then plug in your Leap. When the Leap is plugged in a window should pop up on your device asking if you want to install drivers and software on your PC. Follow these steps and hopefully you can connect to Link. Also note that there is a problem with iTunes and Link so if you have that installed on your Win10 PC you will have a problem. There is a detailed thread here on CB if you have that problem. Good Luck!

p.s. Just be aware that not everyone has problems with Link and connections to their device. I have my Passport, spare Z10 and PlayBook ALL connecting and working fine with Link and backups. I do notice though that it takes about 5-7 minutes to connect and find my backups so it is slow to recognize. You need patience for this step.
    06-13-17 04:27 PM
    Thanks for reply.
    I followed your instructions and the problem continued when I clicked on "Backup Device" in Link there was a yellow triangle at bottom left corner with Error connecting. After a couple of minutes the screen window popup showed Backup could not be completed. Be sure I am connected and of course I was because my phone was identified.

I'll look for a 3rd party. Very sad BlackBerry can't assist their loyal customers.
    06-13-17 06:41 PM
    Link is now out of date and obsolete for most people. There are alternative backup solutions that can be used to replace most of its functions.
    06-13-17 08:05 PM
    Hi,
    Good news-so far for my BBLeap .
    I have Win 10 Pro and BB 10.3.3 OS. Recently uninstalled ALL BB programs on my PC using "Advanced" setting in Revo Uninstaller Pro. Then shut down and restarted PC. Reinstalled BB Link from : https://us.blackberry.com/software/d...lackberry-link (Did not download BB Blend)
    Then able to do both Full Backup and Custom Backup. Did require unplugging USB to reconnect several times. Agree with brookie229 comment above that connection is slow. Also took a while to sync video files.
    Of course don't know if restore will work if needed?
    Let me know if works for you.

Good luck.
    Bob
    Last edited by rgordon44; 07-09-17 at 10:13 AM.
    07-09-17 07:38 AM