I have a new BB9720 with a long list of available languages....but no French....the one I really need.

Have looked on all the sites for help but on the BB software applications, there is no language folder/file to update. I have tried reloading the software but still no good.

Any thoughts?
    07-02-14 07:36 AM
    I can not imagine that BlackBerry has removed French from the multilanguage OS install. Perhaps you do not have the multilanguage OS? Also you need to select the French language pack when you first install. That being said I BELIEVE you can add it via Desktop Manager. I do not have an old version to check, but if you poke around in the options with your device connected you can probably find it. Something like Add Additional Programs or Features or something along those lines in the DM menus.
    07-02-14 07:52 AM
    The French language is installed by default and has to be specifically removed with the mutilanguage OS. What you describe would be very strange, unless like PKCable said you don't have the mutilanguage version installed.

When you say you tried reloading the software. Did the file you use have mutilanguage in the file name?
    07-02-14 12:37 PM
    Hi "guest"
    Can you tell us what is the current languages setup (display, input) ?

Read this in BlackBerry 9720 online documentation :
    Before you begin: In order to change an input or display language, the language must already be installed on your BlackBerry smartphone. If the language you want to use is not installed on your smartphone, you might be able to add it using the BlackBerry Desktop Software. For more information, see the Help in the BlackBerry Desktop Software .
    So, install desktop software (BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry OS Software - US), plug your device via USB and check in the proper section that French is installed; if not, just tick it and install.
    Should do the trick.

Cheers
    SF
    07-03-14 03:30 AM