Please guide how can I check whether the newly purchased blackberry passport phone is brand new and/or without any technical fault? My concerns:

1. I haven't used it much, yet battery is drained out fully in 20 hours
    2. Camera button on screen seems weak on touch..it misses sometimes
    3. If I do a restart, top right corner get heated only to complete the restart. Is it normal?
    4. As I smell top right corner, it's not like a mint, rather sort burnt smell. Is it normal?
    5. Brightness is not good compared to any other devices like iPhone, Samsung or Nokia. Is it normal. I tried almost 90% brightness...doesn't look that bright yet
    6. I bought and started it two days ago but mobile data usage record showing a range starting from 20 days ago to date. Though download/upload volume are only showing for two days. Is it normal?
    7. As I plug in the device with my PC, last modified dates of the flash drive folders are not last two dates. Some are showing October 14, couple showing January 15, rest showing last two days e.g after my purchase. Can it be normal or someone used it, though I got it boxed as if new box. Really confused

I updated to OS 10.3.1 after I purchased it

Will appreciate your expert opinion. Thanks
    04-07-15 02:59 PM
    Return it for a new one, you have a one year guarantee, all your concerns mentioned are not normal

Posted via CB10
    Return it for a new one, you have a one year guarantee, all your concerns mentioned are not normal

Posted via CB10
    Ziaul Chowdhury likes this.
    04-07-15 03:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thank you very much. Key board swipe also doesn't work when I try it after 1 or 2 hours intervals..sometimes it takes up to three/four attempts..even hard swipe fails then...but once it works...it works well if I repeat to test it immediately. Is it due to OS or could be hardware problem? Seller is telling software issue, maybe fixed with next OS...should I return or change with other brands...really confused..I liked it and features a lot (
    04-08-15 12:45 PM
    Return that bad boy and buy it sealed from a carrier or amazon
    04-08-15 12:51 PM
    Return that bad boy and buy it sealed from a carrier or amazon
    Anyway to check genuine bb passport before/after I buy...say by IEMI...in my country, we don't have carrier selling bb nor Amazon...appreciate your quick reply thanks a lot
    04-08-15 01:29 PM
    You insist on return it for a sealed pack BlackBerry Passport, and warn them not to sell used and returned phone as a sealed packed phone, in USA they sell it for 100 USD less.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 01:43 PM
    You insist on return it for a sealed pack BlackBerry Passport, and warn them not to sell used and returned phone as a sealed packed phone, in USA they sell it for 100 USD less.

Posted via CB10
    Tell me one last thing please. Is the side of the box where IEMI and PIN are written is a sticker on the box or it is same like the non-sticker back side where copy right stuffs are written in many different language?
    04-08-15 02:05 PM
    Is the side where IEMI and PIN are given a sticker or directly printed on the box? Mine is a sticker!!!
    04-08-15 02:37 PM
    Is the side where IEMI and PIN are given a sticker or directly printed on the box? Mine is a sticker!!!
    Give your bbm pin, I will send u the pic of the box

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 11:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Where is it? I'm a new user...on the box it says PIN 2BEC91A7 and IEMI 351852061678040

Thanks
    04-09-15 12:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Where is it? I'm a new user...on the box it says PIN 2BEC91A7 and IEMI 351852061678040

Thanks
    04-09-15 12:04 AM

Thanks
    Sent you an invitation on your bbm

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 04:08 AM
    I haven't found any invitation...maybe BBM doesn't work in Bangladesh network. I really appreciate your help. I wanted to know whether IEMI, pin and made in...etc. information are given on a sticker pasted on the box or it should be directly printed on the box? Mine is a sticker, but backside info is printed on the box, not a sticker. Thanks
    04-09-15 04:34 AM
    I haven't found any invitation...maybe BBM doesn't work in Bangladesh network. I really appreciate your help. I wanted to know whether IEMI, pin and made in...etc. information are given on a sticker pasted on the box or it should be directly printed on the box? Mine is a sticker, but backside info is printed on the box, not a sticker. Thanks
    Bbm works in BD, seems you haven't activated your bbm yet,
    Click bbm
    Bottom line you will see invite, click it,
    Right top you will see add contact, click it,
    Choose first option, add by pin
    Type my pin' 2BAO7167' then click send on right top

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 11:54 AM
    After searching for some times it says 'This PIN is not available' (
    Could be because I have anything yet missing in my device set up.

Thanks a lot
    04-10-15 12:39 AM
    How to activate BBM? So you are sure BBM works for Bangladesh
    04-10-15 12:44 AM
    Click bbm, it will ask you to provide an email and a password, you will get two options sign in for old user and sign up for new user, select new user, give an working email id and a easy to remember password, u r done

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 01:30 AM
    On your phone, go to Settings>About and then from the drop down list on the top, select Hardware (it probably says General by default.) Then compare what's on the screen to what's on the box. If the two don't match, something's fishy. But if they match, that doesn't necessarily prove that the phone's new either.
    04-10-15 10:27 AM
    Click bbm, it will ask you to provide an email and a password, you will get two options sign in for old user and sign up for new user, select new user, give an working email id and a easy to remember password, u r done

Posted via CB10
    No, it's not asking for an email any longer. I'm sure part is done. After input of your PIN it does check for it for a while and return that non-availability of the PIN. can I try by an email address, pls?

Just wonder whether BBM really works from BD!!
    04-10-15 12:10 PM
    On your phone, go to Settings>About and then from the drop down list on the top, select Hardware (it probably says General by default.) Then compare what's on the screen to what's on the box. If the two don't match, something's fishy. But if they match, that doesn't necessarily prove that the phone's new either.
    Both do match. I have passed the timeline of 2 days given by the seller...and now have to keep it...let me see what is in it... :-)
    04-10-15 12:13 PM
    No, it's not asking for an email any longer. I'm sure part is done. After input of your PIN it does check for it for a while and return that non-availability of the PIN. can I try by an email address, pls?

Just wonder whether BBM really works from BD!!
    I have two BlackBerrys and two email I'd, see if any work for you.
    [email protected] and [email protected]

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 11:58 PM
    I have two BlackBerrys and two email I'd, see if any work for you.
    [email protected] and [email protected]

Posted via CB10

Request sent to both email...it said request sent...now let's see.. Thanks lot
    04-11-15 11:33 AM