Hi All,

Please, need your assistance urgently as I have backup from my Blackberry (BBB File) and unfortunately my blackberry was damaged.
    Now I have another device "Samsung" and I need to import the BBB file "Especially contacts" to my android.

Is there anyway to import the BBB file directly to android? Or at least convert the BBB file to a format that Gmail can import it then sync my android with Gmail?

Appreciate your assistance !

Thanks in advance,
    Mohammed
    09-08-15 04:34 AM
    no way to install the bb backup onto your android. no

as for contacts, only if they are in a gmail account or yahoo account or outlook account and synced in the cloud ....
    09-08-15 08:42 AM
    The problem is the security of BlackBerry extends to Backups also.... You would have to have a BlackBerry device.

I know many here view the Cloud as a security/privacy issue, but having emails, calendar and contacts all synced to my Outlook.com account and my Work Account... has made life much easier.

Having OneDrive sync all my documents, pictures and videos.... I don't even bother with backups anymore. I could lose my phone tomorrow and I'd would have no problem going to a different devices.
    09-08-15 08:53 AM
    Also, you can save contacts to your sim card as well as device. It would be worth checking to see if you got lucky and they are still on the sim it's unlikely but hey why not

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    09-08-15 09:09 AM
    I saw in crackberry post a very homemade app to extract contacts from Bbb files.

I couldn't try properly because this app crashed due to failure dependences, but maybe it can work for u

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 06:50 AM
    Transferring contacts to cloud is fine, but I notice that mostly the email only has been saved in google contacts. Very few phone numbers are in google contacts file.
    05-23-16 03:28 AM