Hello! It's my first time posting here, and I'm wondering if anyone can help.
    I've bought a Blackberry Curve 9320 and I'm finding it impossible to set up Yahoo email on it.

I've looked at on-line help sources, but I don't see any 'Set up Internet E-mail' option on mine.

On the set-up screen it is headed 'Account Activation', and says 'To activate your enterprise account enter the details provided by your system administrator...'.

Now, I don't have a system administrator.

If I try the 'Email Account Management' option, I get a box saying 'Unable to open email setup application. Contact your wireless service provider'.

I'd be grateful if anyone can help...

Tamara
    x
    12-26-19 04:52 AM
    Welcome to the CrackBerry forums, Tamara!

Ask your carrier if they still support BIS accounts for older BlackBerry phones (pre BB10 devices). If they do, you'll need to get one from them before you can use data on your Curve.

If your carrier no longer supports BIS, you'll either need to find a carrier who does, or buy a newer BlackBerry device that either runs BB10 (reaching EOL very soon) or Android.

If you want to see what may still be possible on your Curve without a BIS account, someone in these forums published this BBOS guide, which might help a little:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ut-bis-996682/

If you register an account in these forums, you'll also be able to post to specific forums dedicated to your model phone, where there are other Curve users who can offer advice. Good luck!

Hello! It's my first time posting here, and I'm wondering if anyone can help.
    I've bought a Blackberry Curve 9320 and I'm finding it impossible to set up Yahoo email on it.

I've looked at on-line help sources, but I don't see any 'Set up Internet E-mail' option on mine.

On the set-up screen it is headed 'Account Activation', and says 'To activate your enterprise account enter the details provided by your system administrator...'.

Now, I don't have a system administrator.

If I try the 'Email Account Management' option, I get a box saying 'Unable to open email setup application. Contact your wireless service provider'.

I'd be grateful if anyone can help...

Tamara
    x

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    Laura Knotek and jlscott2 like this.
    12-26-19 09:24 PM
    Welcome to the CrackBerry forums, Tamara!

Ask your carrier if they still support BIS accounts for older BlackBerry phones (pre BB10 devices). If they do, you'll need to get one from them before you can use data on your Curve.

If your carrier no longer supports BIS, you'll either need to find a carrier who does, or buy a newer BlackBerry device that either runs BB10 (reaching EOL very soon) or Android.

If you want to see what may still be possible on your Curve without a BIS account, someone in these forums published this BBOS guide, which might help a little:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ut-bis-996682/

If you register an account in these forums, you'll also be able to post to specific forums dedicated to your model phone, where there are other Curve users who can offer advice. Good luck!

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    I bet you could teach me how to tie my shoes! :-) dancing with joy
    12-27-19 02:23 AM