Last 6 months or so I have been getting ads pop up either when launching an app and now they are starting to come when I first wake up my home screen, very annoying. Anyone have an idea how to get rid of these, a setting to find in order to stop these ads, or is it not even due to an app but a Verizon issue or, and I hope not, but is it Blackberry generated ? I don't know if a factory reset would fix this - wipe it clean and reinstall one app at a time and try to find the offending app. Thanks
    05-29-17 05:39 AM
    Best to open browser, go into settings, go into privacy, scroll down to where you can clear cookies and clear everything, cookies and history , then force the browser to close, and then I would even restart the phone for good measure.
    I had the same problem on my torch 9810.

Go into text messages
    Press the BB menu button
    Click ‘options’
    Scroll to the option “reject advertisement”
    Tick he box
    Underneath the box should be an option ”priority”. Change this to high.

I hope this helps!

I always try to work backwards and start deleting the last app I downloaded, then keep going until the issue gets resolved.

There are a lot of people who intentionally propagate these infections through either third party “App Stores”, or through “sideloading” of applications. Typically, they operate by offering the application for a discounted amount, or for free, when the app typically costs more, or would normally come from a different location. If you use Windows PC, freeware from the Internet may bring such adware or malware.
    06-15-17 02:49 AM