My old BB 8530 has had a bad charging port for several years. I would like to get my photos out. Are the photos stored on the sandisk micro card or on a drive ? What drive ? I am thinking of getting another BB 8530 from Ebay if I need to swap drives or if the microdisk can just be put in .
    04-24-17 01:54 PM
    As long as you have not encrypted the SD Card... should be able to move them to it and put it in most any other device.

I've heard other talk about wanting to swap out the internal drives, never heard of someone actually doing it. Some suppose that the phone would not boot with different hardware keys. But the "drive" is a chip on the motherboard.... very hard to change out.
    04-24-17 02:05 PM
    they can be stored in either spot, depends where you told the device to store them. Easy way, pull the sandisk card out and put in a card reader and see if they are there (I am assuming that your battery is dead and you are unable to charge). If they are on the device, try and find someone with the same device and just swap out a charged battery into. If the latter is the case, then once you have a charged battery in the device, power it on and move the files from device to card, and then take the card out and put into a card reader and transfer photos to your pc.
    04-24-17 02:08 PM