I mistakenly deleted the facebook icon that came withmy blackberry q5 I downloaded another from the app world but anytime I try opening the icon it redirects to browser...how do I get the normal fb that wouldnt redirect me to browser?
    03-23-16 04:38 AM
    I mistakenly deleted the facebook icon that came withmy blackberry q5 I downloaded another from the app world but anytime I try opening the icon it redirects to browser...how do I get the normal fb that wouldnt redirect me to browser?
    03-23-16 04:41 AM
    The browser version is the "new" Facebook for BB.
    Better get used to it.

http://m.crackberry.com/facebook-bla...e-not-going-it

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 05:21 AM
    I've been using the browser version of FB for the past 3 years. I didn't like how the app messed up my contacts. I just went to the browser and put the FB page on my home screen.
    It's sad for BlackBerry that the app is no longer supported, but for the user it's not so terrible.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    03-23-16 08:35 AM
    As others have said, The Facebook App in the BlackBerry App Store has recently been updated. I used the word "updated" because it's certainly not a upgrade.

BlackBerry have basically made a "Web Launcher" for the mobile version using your Web browser. Even if you did download the Old version again, it wouldn't work after 31st March 2016.

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    03-23-16 11:11 AM
    In short, the browser version of Facebook is the new Facebook for BlackBerry 10.
    03-23-16 05:44 PM
    howdy Everybody? Please I updated my Facebook app some months ago and since then if I launch the app it wil redirect me to my BlackBerry Browser! Please aany way forward on this?
    04-19-16 11:08 PM
    howdy Everybody? Please I updated my Facebook app some months ago and since then if I launch the app it wil redirect me to my BlackBerry Browser! Please aany way forward on this?
    Read this thread from the beginning as in the last 6 comments before yours

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 11:44 PM
    Did you tried Face10 or F5?
    04-20-16 04:32 AM