I have had the OneDrive app installed for a while. But never really used it. The information about it is very scarce, and the settings screen is very weak as well.

I would like a greater understanding of how OneDrive works on Blackberry.

1. Do I have to tap on the App to open it, and have it running on the active pane screen in order for it to work? Or is it always running in the background?

2. When I restart my phone do I need to tap the OneDrive app at least once to activate it and get it going?

Basically I am unsure that if I close the activate pane box, does it still run, or am I shutting down.

3. How much battery life does this suck up? My z10 is very delicate on battery. Is this app a drain?

4. When I sync pictures to the OneDrive cloud, is it taking it away from the phone, or does it leave one copy on phone, and put one copy on cloud?

I really like OneDrive and use it on my PC, Laptop, and Windowd SurfacePro tablet, I am just trying to understand how it works with my blackberry.

thanks
    tre10 likes this.
    10-22-15 10:43 AM
    if you sync pictures from your phone to the cloud it will indeed use battery!!
    10-22-15 03:04 PM
    It works identically to how DropBox and Box are integrated.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-22-15 03:09 PM
    @ Conite - - - But since I don't know how DropBox and Box work.... that is why I asked the questions above.

Does the app always run, do I have to tap it once to get it going, is it ok to close it from the active pane???
    10-22-15 03:11 PM
    @ Conite - - - But since I don't know how DropBox and Box work.... that is why I asked the questions above.

Does the app always run, do I have to tap it once to get it going, is it ok to close it from the active pane???
    It is integrated into the OS. It is accessed directly from the file manager and you can share to it from any app.

Syncing does not delete local files.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-22-15 03:13 PM
    Double post
    10-22-15 03:15 PM
    I have had the OneDrive app installed for a while. But never really used it. The information about it is very scarce, and the settings screen is very weak as well.

I would like a greater understanding of how OneDrive works on Blackberry.

1. Do I have to tap on the App to open it, and have it running on the active pane screen in order for it to work? Or is it always running in the background?

2. When I restart my phone do I need to tap the OneDrive app at least once to activate it and get it going?

Basically I am unsure that if I close the activate pane box, does it still run, or am I shutting down.

3. How much battery life does this suck up? My z10 is very delicate on battery. Is this app a drain?

4. When I sync pictures to the OneDrive cloud, is it taking it away from the phone, or does it leave one copy on phone, and put one copy on cloud?

I really like OneDrive and use it on my PC, Laptop, and Windowd SurfacePro tablet, I am just trying to understand how it works with my blackberry.

thanks
    1. You download it, log in; and close the app. Onedrive app will run in the background.

2. Onedrive automatically starts when you restart the phone. No need to open it yourself.

3.Not much, just set the option so that it only uploads when the phone has a wifi connection.

4. It leaves the copy in the phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 07:22 PM