When a web page loads and a video is embedded, the video automatically plays. I want it to not play unless I choose to play it. I did not find any settings to adjust to make this change. Some people have mentioned disabling Flash Player, but I do not have that option in my browser settings.
    Heavens1 likes this.
    11-04-16 04:43 PM
    Short answer. You can't.

Posted via CB10
    crd2016 likes this.
    11-08-16 05:04 AM
    Short answer. You can't.

Posted via CB10
    Why not?

No apps to control it?

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    crd2016 likes this.
    11-08-16 01:54 PM
    Why not?

No apps to control it?

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    Nope. BlackBerry browser doesn't work well with extensions.

Posted via CB10
    crd2016 likes this.
    11-08-16 03:58 PM
    Even on desktop browsers, it plays automatically and since BlackBerry browser no longer supports flash, you'll have to stop/pause it yourself. Better yet, you get a browser from BlackBerry World that supports flash so that you can control what plays or not. Evolution browser supports flash I think
    crd2016 likes this.
    11-09-16 12:29 PM
    Even on desktop browsers, it plays automatically and since BlackBerry browser no longer supports flash, you'll have to stop/pause it yourself. Better yet, you get a browser from BlackBerry World that supports flash so that you can control what plays or not. Evolution browser supports flash I think
    Evolution browser is a great browser and it does have Ad blocking capabilities..however i don't believe that it supports flash . Zeus browser does support flash and it is also available in BBW.

Posted via CB10
    crd2016 likes this.
    11-09-16 12:52 PM
    The videos are not Flash based, or all you'd see is an error message in the spot if the video saying something like "your browser does support this extension".

The videos you do see are likely HTML5 based.

And, currently, the BB10 browser does not have any controls for it other than just start playing if one is there.

I don't like it either because they automatically play in most news article pages now. Yahoo and Reuters are especially bad at this. Even minimized, videos still play if you've already scrolled past it and missed it. I've locked my phone, put it down, eaten dinner, watched some TV, then gone to bed. Then, when getting my phone to plug in the charger, I noticed the "play" icon next to the battery icon showing that a video is still running. Then, looking at the data usage, I see that nearly a Gb of data was burned off in the past several hours through the browser that I forgot to close out of. Obviously from that looping video.

Posted via CB10
    Lusitano17 and crd2016 like this.
    11-09-16 01:10 PM