I just started my Z10 up after 8 months of hibernation. I've kept it charged and would occasionally connect it to wifi, but hadn't had a SIM card in it since March. The OS update went fine and the password keeper sync'd up perfectly. I'd like to use as my daily phone for a few weeks to make sure it's in good shape. I plan to give it to my son, replacing his 9900.
    My big question is how do you sync your contacts if you are switching back and forth between phones? Please tell me how you do it and what issues you have encountered. I have a yahoo email and a Gmail also, but I'm just not sure what the best option is. I have 2350 contacts, so this becomes kind of a big deal if something happens to them. Yes, before I do any of this, I will use BlackBerry Link for a full backup. Thanks

Posted from my Z30- best phone I've ever owned.
    11-12-15 07:31 AM
    I'd add the Gmail account to the device and let it sync the contacts from there. No worries, no fuss.

There are also a lot of apps that can be installed in different phones (Device Switch comes to mind) and allow you to move stuff back and forth.
    11-12-15 07:42 AM
    Should I enable "Automatically Merge Contacts "?

11-12-15 09:31 AM
    How do you sync contacts when switching back and forth between phones?-img_20151112_102718.png

11-12-15 09:32 AM
    I have always left that on.
    11-12-15 09:33 AM
    So how do I actually get the contacts to sync?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 10:48 AM
    So how do I actually get the contacts to sync?

Posted via CB10
    Add an email account, then link each contact to account.
    11-12-15 11:07 AM
    So I have to link each of the 2300+ contacts individually?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 11:13 AM
    I cannot imagine that that is the only way... at least I hope not.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 11:13 AM
    So I have to link each of the 2300+ contacts individually?

Posted via CB10
    I re-read your first post... are the contacts that you want already on your accounts? Or are you trying to sync current contacts on device to your account(s)?
    11-12-15 12:05 PM
    I am trying to sync the contacts from my device to my Gmail or yahoo account so I can easily swap between my Z10 and Z30 without having some contacts on one phone and not on the other.
    Just a quick swap of the SIM and back to business

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 12:17 PM
    If you can manage all your contacts online, like I do on outlook.com, your contacts will sync across all devices. Then you won't have to swap SIM cards.
    11-12-15 12:20 PM
    If you can manage all your contacts online, like I do on outlook.com, your contacts will sync across all devices. Then you won't have to swap SIM cards.
    The Sim swap is for celular service only, I bet. What good is a phone that does not make calls?

But yeah, that's the optimal scenario.

I cannot imagine that that is the only way... at least I hope not.
    Only now I get the picture, none of them are associated with a cloud service. All stored on the device. That's VERY bad practice, device dies, contacts lost. Anyway, let me look into how you'd get them to say, a Gmail account.
    11-12-15 12:26 PM
    Correct, the SIM swap is for cell service.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 12:28 PM
    And I do a backup to BlackBerry Link every so often. So I have a copy saved from around March. Again, any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 12:31 PM
    So I created three local contacts. I have Gmail syncing on my device.

If I tap and hold on one, the option "Copy to" shows on the left and allows me to copy that entry to Gmail. That's it, what once is now safe in the cloud and will sync when the Gmail account is added to the other phone.

If I tap and hold on one, the option "Select more" also shows. I can then select all local entries and then hit "Copy to".

May not be optimal, but it's better thann doing each one at a time. Seems to be working here, give it a try, OP.
    11-12-15 12:33 PM
    Just remembered how I did this for my gf.... she had all contacts on SIM card but was switching to iPhone. I installed this app and backed up contacts. Restore the backup after you add account(s) to device. I recommend pulling SIM card before contact restore. That way they are forced to accounts.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=US
    diegonei likes this.
    11-12-15 12:34 PM