Hi everyone! I am doing a project about Blackberry. I am looking for insight into Blackberry's consumers.

I would really appreciate it if you could answer some of these questions please:

For those of you with a Blackberry, why did you choose it over its competitors?

What features were you looking for? How does it fit into your lifestyle?

What are your attitudes toward the brand, and in general?

What needs does your Blackberry fulfill?

How are you involved with the brand?

And, most importantly, how do you perceive the brand?

Thank you in advance!!
    11-25-19 04:42 PM
    I'm think of BlackBerry as a niche tech company with deep domain knowledge in securing enterprise communications. Unfortunately, it also became an iconic mobile phone company and tried to compete in consumer electronics, where it failed spectacularly. Now it's trying to reposition itself in Enterprise endpoint management and cybersecurity.

It's a B2B company that foolishly tried to chase the market to B2C and is now trying to get back on track.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-25-19 06:42 PM
    For those of you with a Blackberry, why did you choose it over its competitors?
    For me it's an add-on to my existing phone stable. I don't think I could use a BlackBerry product exclusively.

What features were you looking for? How does it fit into your lifestyle?
    I always enjoyed using a physical keyboard phone and appreciate the variety that having a KEY2 adds to the devices at my disposal.

What are your attitudes toward the brand, and in general?
    I root for the brand to continue but don't expect it to in any meaningful consumer oriented way. I do think of solid hardware when I think of BlackBerry.

What needs does your Blackberry fulfill?
    No needs, but the desire for diversification.

How are you involved with the brand?
    My involvement is limited to using a KEY2 and participating on these forums.

And, most importantly, how do you perceive the brand?
    I see it as a rapidly receding technology brand. It's a brand that is attempting to make a profitable transition to a business services company. I do not expect it to be a going concern for consumers for much longer.
    11-26-19 06:32 PM
    I am going to answer this based on my previous experience of the BB Classic ..... and, thus, on previous original company of BB as have no experience with latest BB mobiles.

Why I chose it: my son had one and my first attractions to it was:I liked the sleek look and the key board and mainly the shape and weight of the phones- don’t like the slim rectangular look at all... I suppose it reminded me of the Unique Nokia mobiles in their many different shapes and weight wise. When my son showed me some of the features I was sold even though other mobiles had extra apps etc etc. .

Once I bought and used one, I absolutely loved it. I found I could get a signal ( my daughter lives in an area where phones tend to lose their signal at times) the BB was always fine; thus reliable. Also, didn’t get any dreaded pop ups or banner advert, great security in that way! It was also very fast to open up pages as the banners no longer slowed down that process ( what I noticed from my experience anyway!).

I not quite sure I understand the last two Qs but basically it truly reliable and worked for me. Even to this day after using iPhone which is excellent too but- bb is different and if you haven’t used it , you will never fully understand why it’s a great brand ( under its original company).
    12-19-19 04:17 AM