Hey Bla1ze @bbmobile,

I have a BBB 100-4 KeyOne phone that works well here in France but I encountered some localisation oversight on the OS that I wanted to report back.
    And that oversight is quite embarrassing, since it is related to the BB applications that we get from the UPDATER app.

Do you know who is developing those apps?
    Because I first thought that was BBMobile, but I'm not quite sure anymore now.
    Maybe TCL handle the Chinese variants software development?
    I searched a bit around to get some TCL support contacts but didn't find out.

If you can help me please @Bla1ze, because that issue is a bit embarrassing judging those asian variants are shipped and used all around the globe, and not only by chinese users hahaha (Those are better priced and are Google Free).‎

Thanks in advance!
    01-15-18 06:03 AM
    Few screenshots:
    Attached Thumbnails How do you handle TCL software support?-screenshot_20180115-121851.jpg   How do you handle TCL software support?-screenshot_20180115-101553.jpg   How do you handle TCL software support?-screenshot_20180115-101540.jpg   How do you handle TCL software support?-screenshot_20180115-101531.jpg   How do you handle TCL software support?-screenshot_20180115-101520.jpg  

How do you handle TCL software support?-screenshot_20180115-101613.jpg   How do you handle TCL software support?-screenshot_20180115-101416.jpg   How do you handle TCL software support?-screenshot_20180115-101403.jpg   How do you handle TCL software support?-screenshot_20180115-101431.jpg  
    01-15-18 06:11 AM
    I'm curious, please be patient. What's the actual problem in layman's terms showing in your screen posts?
    01-15-18 07:15 AM
    I'm curious, please be patient. What's the actual problem in layman's terms showing in your screen posts?
    I wanted to report a little localization issue to the support, but I'm not sure who to reach since my KeyOne is one from China.
    And for those (Sans Google Pay Store), the BlackBerry suite apps seems to be handled by the Updater app that you use to update the phone's system.
    But there, the developer forgot to add few strings to the localization system.
    And then, few things aren't automatically translated in the chosen language but instead of, we get those in the original language ie Chinese

A little issue (probably easy to fix) but it's a bit embarrassing and it need to be fixed, since those KeyOnes can be bought everywhere around the world, not only in China lol.
    And that is the BlackBerry Suite Apps...ie the main if all software touch of BBMobile on that Android ocean...

PS: That a bit annoying too, since all the change log for all those BlackBerry apps are concerned by that oversight.

Hope that's a bit more understandable now?
    01-15-18 07:52 AM
    I wanted to report a little localization issue to the support, but I'm not sure who to reach since my KeyOne is one from China.
    And for those (Sans Google Pay Store), the BlackBerry suite apps seems to be handled by the Updater app that you use to update the phone's system.
    But there, the developer forgot to add few strings to the localization system.
    And then, few things aren't automatically translated in the chosen language but instead of, we get those in the original language ie Chinese

A little issue (probably easy to fix) but it's a bit embarrassing and it need to be fixed, since those KeyOnes can be bought everywhere around the world, not only in China lol.
    And that is the BlackBerry Suite Apps...ie the main if all software touch of BBMobile on that Android ocean...

PS: That a bit annoying too, since all the change log for all those BlackBerry apps are concerned by that oversight.

Hope that's a bit more understandable now?
    Unfortunately, I suspect the version you have, may have never been intended for use for non-native since only reason for Android version you have is the to satisfy the native government laws and regulations. I don't think BBMo/TCL can officially make the device available outside the borders for sale elsewhere without violation of the OHA.

If anything, best way to contact support is with Twitter from what I've read on CB.
    01-15-18 07:59 AM
    All support for the KEYone is handled by BBMo....

France
    9:00-21:00 (Monday – Saturday, Sunday Closed)

If it's specific to the HUB+ Suite of apps, you could also send an email to [email protected]
    01-15-18 07:59 AM
    All support for the KEYone is handled by BBMo....

France
    9:00-21:00 (Monday – Saturday, Sunday Closed)

If it's specific to the HUB+ Suite of apps, you could also send an email to [email protected]

Thanks that is the mail I already have for BB app support , but I wasn't sure if BBMobile does handle or not that part too.

Hence my question in the ask @Bla1ze section, to see if there isn't a TCL app support too.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-18 08:08 AM
    Unfortunately, I suspect the version you have, may have never been intended for use for non-native since only reason for Android version you have is the to satisfy the native government laws and regulations. I don't think BBMo/TCL can officially make the device available outside the borders for sale elsewhere without violation of the OHA.

If anything, best way to contact support is with Twitter from what I've read on CB.
    Hehe, forget about OHA or any sort of regulation there!

I could be a french, english, spanish... (or whatever you want) speaker living in China and non chinisophone lol

That is the main purpose of a localization system btw...

Posted via CB10
    01-15-18 08:12 AM
    Thanks that is the mail I already have for BB app support , but I wasn't sure if BBMobile does handle or not that part too.

Hence my question in the ask @Bla1ze section, to see if there isn't a TCL app support too.

Posted via CB10
    If you look for the apps in Google Play.... does it give developer contacts?

I'd still contact BBMo if it were me, most likely they are aware of the limitations. .
    01-15-18 08:32 AM
    Hehe, forget about OHA or any sort of regulation there!

I could be a french, english, spanish... (or whatever you want) speaker living in China and non chinisophone lol

That is the main purpose of a localization system btw...

Posted via CB10
    Remember, I'm speculating and throwing some possibilities out there. I don't have IT background and I'm constantly amazed with the level of power and capabilities the various players have in the mobile OS arena. From my business perspective, I could see either multiple parties looking for infractions to laws or regulations and threatening enforcement actions.

BBMo/TCL doesn't want any problems with these various players as they hope to have more success with NA carriers than OEMs from their same jurisdictions. Two carriers, AT&T then Verizon, killed two deals in the last week or so for carrier sold hardware.
    01-15-18 08:41 AM
    If you look for the apps in Google Play.... does it give developer contacts?

I'd still contact BBMo if it were me, most likely they are aware of the limitations. .
    It says Blackberry Ltd as for BBM

Anyway I sent a mail to the traditional adress, let's see if I ever get a answer from them.
    01-15-18 11:25 AM
    Remember, I'm speculating and throwing some possibilities out there. I don't have IT background and I'm constantly amazed with the level of power and capabilities the various players have in the mobile OS arena. From my business perspective, I could see either multiple parties looking for infractions to laws or regulations and threatening enforcement actions.

BBMo/TCL doesn't want any problems with these various players as they hope to have more success with NA carriers than OEMs from their same jurisdictions. Two carriers, AT&T then Verizon, killed two deals in the last week or so for carrier sold hardware.
    Everything is possible for sure, I didn't want to speak politics here.
    01-15-18 11:27 AM
    Everything is possible for sure, I didn't want to speak politics here.
    Who's talking politics?
    01-15-18 12:37 PM
    Who's talking politics?
    Seems like the person feels carrier actions are a mirror of politics? They limit the phone building businesses from making their products have universal capabilities?
    01-15-18 04:54 PM
    TCL doesn't maintain those apps you highlighted though. Those are all BlackBerry initiated apps. You might also want to check the individual apps for feedback sections. In any case, [email protected] would be the most 'reasonable' email here.
    01-15-18 08:55 PM
    TCL doesn't maintain those apps you highlighted though. Those are all BlackBerry initiated apps. You might also want to check the individual apps for feedback sections. In any case, [email protected] would be the most 'reasonable' email here.
    Ok, noted! Thank you for the information!
    All the HUB+ Suite apps are suffering of that oversight.

I reported to bbappsupport hoping at least that they would forward it to those TCL devs .
    01-17-18 02:29 PM
    Who's talking politics?
    Sorry, you had interesting thought, but that was a bit of topic here, but feel free to open a new thread on that topic
    I just wanted to stay focused on the initial ask @Bla1ze question about the support handling to signal the pointed oversight.
    01-17-18 02:38 PM