I am trying to get Group Texting working on my Passport. I can add contacts to make a group and send messages, but when they reply it comes back as single texts and not in the group. Any ideas on how to fix this? Is there certain settings I have to go to?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-17 03:38 PM
    Yes, there IS one solution: use a messenger app like Telegram or WatsApp. No settings needed, groups work out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-17 03:54 PM
    Yes, there IS one solution: use a messenger app like Telegram or WatsApp. No settings needed, groups work out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    Ha, ha!!! I use BBM for that!!!!
    I have a couple of friends that refuse to use anything but text (I guess I need to find new friends!!). So wondering if it was possible to do it with texting, but I am beginning to wonder!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-14-17 04:26 PM
    You can use your phone carrier's native texting by enabling MMS and sending a text to several people at once. Any replies will be seen by everyone you originally included in your text.

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2813
    12-15-17 02:55 AM
    Some carriers like Bell don't allow group texting. Yeah it sucks but where I travel Bell is the best option....

Typed on a beautiful piece of history
    12-25-17 05:15 PM
    Some carriers like Bell don't allow group texting. Yeah it sucks but where I travel Bell is the best option....

Ya, I got it figured out. I got group chat in texting to work, but it is a very clunky way to do group chat.
    BBM group chat rules. Although the the new Android update this past week totally made BB10 users have to go to Whatapp. Whoever was in charge of that Android BBM app update just made most of the loyalist BB10 users have to go to the competitor. Too bad, because if Emtek had brains, they would have made BBM picture sharing in group setting cross platform. When the BB10 users eventually switch to Android or Apple they would have had to have left BBM well before. This latest BBM Android update is totally following a useless business model! This business decision by Emtek should be used in business schools on a tool on how what not to do to gain and maintain your client base and increase your goodwill.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-17 06:03 PM