I believe this topic has been asked & discussed before but I couldn't find the answer. I'm trying to back up my contacts on my computer but can't seem to find an option to do so on my BlackBerry Link.

Somebody please help.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 11:24 PM
    There are apps in BlackBerry World to do this but in BlackBerry Link it is Device Settings I'm pretty sure that you need to back up.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-25-15 12:10 AM
    Just connect it to blackberry link and choose the full backup option. Contacts, calendars, etc will be there.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 12:25 AM
    Just connect it to blackberry link and choose the full backup option. Contacts, calendars, etc will be there.

Posted via CB10
    I tried that but no it doesn't back up my contacts. My contacts are stored on Yahoo & Gmail... is there a way to do so?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 11:41 AM
    There are apps in BlackBerry World to do this but in BlackBerry Link it is Device Settings I'm pretty sure that you need to back up.

Posted with my  Classic
    Thanks Jason, do you have any app to recommend?

And yes, I'm a great fan of Jason Bourne.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 11:42 AM
    I tried that but no it doesn't back up my contacts. My contacts are stored on Yahoo & Gmail... is there a way to do so?

Posted via CB10
    Well, if your contacts are on Yahoo and Gmail there's no reason for you to back up anything. They will always be available as long as you have an Internet access anywhere in the world. You can't backup those things to BlackBerry Link.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    07-25-15 01:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    If your contacts are in yahoo and Gmail they are already backed up to the cloud. You don't need to back them up. When you add the email address they will sync

Black is back, baby. Via my Z30
    07-25-15 01:26 PM
    If your contacts are in yahoo and Gmail they are already backed up to the cloud. You don't need to back them up. When you add the email address they will sync

Black is back, baby. Via my Z30
    I have a problem especially with Gmail, it's not reliable. I used to have about 6,000 contacts on my phone because I relied on Yahoo & Gmail so I thought I don't have to back them up. After doing a secluded wipe last year I ended up with only 700+ contacts, out of which Gmail only synced back approximately 300++ while yahoo only sync about 700+.

I have slowly rebuilt these contacts back to about 3,000+. A few days ago I did another security wipe & only ended up with approximately 1,800+ contacts

This clearly shows that these two are not reliable. Are there any alternatives?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 08:42 AM
    Try the "IntouchApp contacts" app. Its free and available on the BB World. I love it because the backups are available for ever.
    sirius27 likes this.
    07-26-15 10:13 AM
    I have a problem especially with Gmail, it's not reliable. I used to have about 6,000 contacts on my phone because I relied on Yahoo & Gmail so I thought I don't have to back them up. After doing a secluded wipe last year I ended up with only 700+ contacts, out of which Gmail only synced back approximately 300++ while yahoo only sync about 700+.

I have slowly rebuilt these contacts back to about 3,000+. A few days ago I did another security wipe & only ended up with approximately 1,800+ contacts

Posted via CB10
    Well, perhaps you shouldn't be doing so many security wipes. And what are you doing with that many contacts?

07-26-15 01:54 PM
    Well, perhaps you shouldn't be doing so many security wipes. And what are you doing with that many contacts?

Appropriate name.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    JAS0NB0URNE likes this.
    07-27-15 03:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Unless you have a Gmail business account you should not rely on Gmail to store your contacts information (nor anything else personal, but that's just an opinion ;-)
    Google has terminated active sync support on non-business accounts:
    https://support.google.com/a/answer/2716936?hl=en

It may still work today though if you haven't changed anything (devices) but you cannot rely on this really for the future.

For me this was the main reason to move away from Gmail for personal email and I am now paying for a commercial cloud solution (around 5 euro's a month) which I can rely on.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 04:45 AM