Recently had to upgrade to a smartphone, and since I despise touch screens and am a die hard physical keyboard user for texts and e-mails, got a BB Classic through my provider, Verizon. It's my first BB, and I try not to swear at the phone because of the touch screen part... LOL

Am a treasurer for a non-profit group, and we have a PayPal account where we can accept donations and our members can either join or renew their memberships that way via the web site, and we've branched out to be able to accept credit cards at out events. However, the apps for mobile credit card swipe devices for both PayPal and Square, are only for iphone and ipad, or selected Android or Windows phones/tablets.

Does anyone know if there is an app for accepting credit cards through a mobile swipe device that will work with the Classic, or for that matter, any other BB....?

Any info any of you may have will be greatly appreciated. Hearing the rumor that the focus of the company that owns Blackberry is software, and that phones would only be for government, military, or large companies, is very disconcerting. I can't stand the data mining from either Apple or especially Google, which is but one reason I got a BB.

Thanks in advance for any info you may have. In the meantime, and not a great solution, one of our other officers who has an Android phone, has the app on it and if she's at an event, can handle the credit cards. The other officer has a BB, so he's in the same boat as am I.
    07-28-16 05:08 PM
    Nope. For this very reason I had to buy a cheap prepaid Android phone. You can then just use the cheap phone on WiFi and your blackberry as mobile Hotspot.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-28-16 05:31 PM
    Never used it. See if this works for you.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/21796404

TMO  PP SE,SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    07-28-16 09:34 PM
    I use square register app (android) and it works perfectly on my phone. I do however manually key in the card numbers since my business transactions are over the phone.

I also have the square card swipe reader, but i've never tried using it.

How do you accept credit cards with a BlackBerry?
-img_20160729_002929.png
-img_20160729_002933.png
-img_20160729_002938.png

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.2.2789 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    07-29-16 02:30 AM
    I use square register app (android) and it works perfectly on my phone. I do however manually key in the card numbers since my business transactions are over the phone.

I also have the square card swipe reader, but i've never tried using it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160729_002929.png 
Views:	494 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	405075

Name:	IMG_20160729_002933.png 
Views:	495 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	405076

Name:	IMG_20160729_002938.png 
Views:	495 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	405077

Sideloaded apps not worth risking compatibility between Square or PayPal and nonsupported Blackberry device. Both companies will freeze your accounts if anything seems amiss with transaction attempts.

07-29-16 12:13 PM
    Sideloaded apps not worth risking compatibility between Square or PayPal and nonsupported Blackberry device. Both companies will freeze your accounts if anything seems amiss with transaction attempts.

Lol

I've been using square on my phone for almost a year, had multiple correspondence with their staff regarding various transactions along with being the owner of a well established account, so in conclusion, I can guarantee that you are out of your mind.

Haha!

07-29-16 09:13 PM
    Lol

I've been using square on my phone for almost a year, had multiple correspondence with their staff regarding various transactions along with being the owner of a well established account, so in conclusion, I can guarantee that you are out of your mind.

Haha!

Because you're the only person using square or PayPal. Both companies freeze accounts for all types of things. What's the big deal with moving off a three year old phone. At least if you're defending BB10, try having a classic or passport. You've done the company no favors sticking with a three year old device with an OS they've given up on. Anyway, face it BB10 is dead and your customers would laugh at you if they see you using it.

08-01-16 10:39 PM
    Check this article OP. It's about a year old so there's a possibility that android advances have rendered it obsolete at this point but it might still be worth a shot.

http://utbblogs.com/money-on-the-run/

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 10:42 PM
    Because you're the only person using square or PayPal. Both companies freeze accounts for all types of things. What's the big deal with moving off a three year old phone. At least if you're defending BB10, try having a classic or passport. You've done the company no favors sticking with a three year old device with an OS they've given up on. Anyway, face it BB10 is dead and your customers would laugh at you if they see you using it.

I would hate to live in your world where your judged by the smartphone you use and not by your actions and character. But to each their own. I'm sure in your world you people laugh at old ladies in wheelchairs also.

Millenial?

Posted via CB10
    Jamaa likes this.
    08-02-16 01:13 AM
    I would hate to live in your world where your judged by the smartphone you use and not by your actions and character. But to each their own. I'm sure in your world you people laugh at old ladies in wheelchairs also.

Millenial?

Posted via CB10
    I do laugh at people in wheelchairs but I also laugh at people not in wheelchairs. Not a millennial. I also laugh at people that can't let go of an OS because of its supposed efficiency but it's ecosystem is now so archaic that it's become inefficient. The OP asked for help and deserved an unbiased answer.

08-03-16 12:51 PM
    I do laugh at people in wheelchairs but I also laugh at people not in wheelchairs. Not a millennial. I also laugh at people that can't let go of an OS because of its supposed efficiency but it's ecosystem is now so archaic that it's become inefficient. The OP asked for help and deserved an unbiased answer.

Go back and reread what you stated. Your first point you state that he will get shut down once they find out he's using a BlackBerry. That point got shot down. I also know people that conduct their business on PayPal and square using a BlackBerry. Not once have they been locked out for breach of their TOS. Not even when talking to support.

So then you jump on the bandwagon that the OS is dead and he will be laughed at for using a BlackBerry. OS is not dead. When did BlackBerry announce an EOL for BB10? Care to share that info with everyone on this forum. The OS is stagnant. No major or minor improvements. Just security updates. I completely agree that BB10 is at a standstill while other OS's are moving forward leaps and bounds. But to laugh at someone for the phone they use? Come on, it shows your lack of character and intelligence.

Being efficient on any any OS is objective. What one finds efficient on one OS another may find inefficient.

I don't doubt you laugh at people in wheelchairs. You confirmed it. You just laugh harder when they're using a flip phone.

Posted via CB10
    Jamaa and JG_Agustin like this.
    08-03-16 09:45 PM
    Go back and reread what you stated. Your first point you state that he will get shut down once they find out he's using a BlackBerry. That point got shot down. I also know people that conduct their business on PayPal and square using a BlackBerry. Not once have they been locked out for breach of their TOS. Not even when talking to support.

So then you jump on the bandwagon that the OS is dead and he will be laughed at for using a BlackBerry. OS is not dead. When did BlackBerry announce an EOL for BB10? Care to share that info with everyone on this forum. The OS is stagnant. No major or minor improvements. Just security updates. I completely agree that BB10 is at a standstill while other OS's are moving forward leaps and bounds. But to laugh at someone for the phone they use? Come on, it shows your lack of character and intelligence.

Being efficient on any any OS is objective. What one finds efficient on one OS another may find inefficient.

I don't doubt you laugh at people in wheelchairs. You confirmed it. You just laugh harder when they're using a flip phone.

Posted via CB10
    I've been locked out as well have many others using PayPal and/or Square for suspected breach of TOS. I've also been fortunate to have my accounts reinstated once investigation has been completed. OP is obviously inexperienced regarding BBOS10. Why send a person inexperienced with a dying OS down the path of despair and frustration with that OS and it's frustrating hacks/solutions? If memory serves me correctly, OP is using as volunteer for nonprofit. Why the need to push an ideological OS agenda instead of giving OP and honest answer while providing help. Don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution. BTW, I laugh hardest at people like you.....and so does everyone always there around you, and it has nothing to do regarding wheelchairs.

08-04-16 03:23 PM
    I've been locked out as well have many others using PayPal and/or Square for suspected breach of TOS. I've also been fortunate to have my accounts reinstated once investigation has been completed.
    Did any of those instances where you were suspected for breach of ToS have anything to do with using the sideloaded app(s)? In fact, do you have any evidence of such a lockout being brought upon anyone because they were using a sideloaded app? Maybe a section of the ToS that expressly prohibits this very thing?

Or are you seeing a problem where there isn't one? There are two CBers here saying that either they directly use Square/PayPal on BB10 without any problems, or know of people who do.

Why the need to push an ideological OS agenda instead of giving OP and honest answer while providing help.
    Weren't you the one who started going down the "ideological OS agenda" when you stated:

What's the big deal with moving off a three year old phone. At least if you're defending BB10, try having a classic or passport. You've done the company no favors sticking with a three year old device with an OS they've given up on. Anyway, face it BB10 is dead and your customers would laugh at you if they see you using it.
    Jamaa and byex like this.
    08-04-16 04:16 PM
    Did any of those instances where you were suspected for breach of ToS have anything to do with using the sideloaded app(s)? In fact, do you have any evidence of such a lockout being brought upon anyone because they were using a sideloaded app? Maybe a section of the ToS that expressly prohibits this very thing?

Or are you seeing a problem where there isn't one? There are two CBers here saying that either they directly use Square/PayPal on BB10 without any problems, or know of people who do.

Weren't you the one who started going down the "ideological OS agenda" when you stated:
    I have no idea. When my accounts were frozen, the only explanation I got was they were under review for unusual activity. I've had merchant accounts for 25 years. I've only used Square and PayPal for the last three years as mobile payment where I couldn't use my traditional merchant account. For past three years, I used BB10 devices (Z10, Q10, Z30, Classic, Leap and Passport) using PayPal and Square via sideload means. The only time my accounts have ever been locked up have been during this period. For last six months, I've bought a cheap Android Kyocera Hydro just to process PayPal and Square. I've had no problems since. Do I know if this was because of sideload? No. But it's worth $40 and swapping out Sim card for several hours to avoid hassle later on. Does this mean I'm disloyal to blackberry? I've been using them since days of the 950 to make a living. Could I make a blackberry do the job still? Probably. Worth the risk of losing merchant account with PayPal or Square if some crazy TOS is broken? No. Once again, no idea the cause but I'm not going to risk losing revenue because of my blackberry habit.

The OP with first blackberry, deserved honest answer regarding using apps on non-supported OS hardware. If OP wishes to go forward, using blackberry device, fine. I'm not politically correct and not going worry about somebody getting feelings hurt on here. This site is a place for people to get opinions and information regarding blackberry, good or bad, unfortunately some people here can't seem to let go that BB10 is failing more of us each day, little by little. Now I'm almost 60 days into PRIV after having my Passport declared worthless by 12/31/2016 due to further app support termination.

08-04-16 07:22 PM
    I have no idea. When my accounts were frozen, the only explanation I got was they were under review for unusual activity. I've had merchant accounts for 25 ye....

Reeks of bull....

No one believes your spin.

Sorry.

08-04-16 08:21 PM
    Reeks of bull....

No one believes your spin.

Sorry.

Sorry if I'm just not a big enough nerd for you. I mean really, what do I gain?

08-04-16 11:12 PM
    I use the paypal here app on my Q10 and passport. Never had any issues and made a lot of transactions for the past 2 years

Posted via CB10
    12-20-16 09:51 PM
-imag0462.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-22-16 02:00 AM