BlackBerry Z30 user, considering an upgrade.
    03-23-16 06:48 PM
    I don't miss my Passport one bit, except for Blend.
    03-23-16 06:56 PM
    I miss the 0S portion of my Q10. Had the priv for about 2 weeks now. Getting used to it, but the movement through the device is not as fast. But on the bright side all my apps run well without the lag from the android ports.

Notice I am posting from my Q10 right now.
    Posted from my awesome Q10
    03-24-16 12:29 AM
    It depends on how you use your phone. Bottom line is that the Priv offers all the apps you could ever want but the OS is nowhere near as fluid and intuitive as BlackBerry 10.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-24-16 12:37 AM
    It depends on how you use your phone. Bottom line is that the Priv offers all the apps you could ever want but the OS is nowhere near as fluid and intuitive as BlackBerry 10.

I concur
    03-24-16 12:40 AM
    I prefer BB10 no question. I use my Z10 as a mini tablet browser on WIFI. It is very fast and fluid. I use a Samsung as my phone device. It is the switching back and forth that screws me up.

The reality for me is that a phone OS is not is important as what the phone does and a phone without the apps you need and the features you want is always going to be wanting.

BlackBerry is all about the PKB and if that feature is important to you, the OS is of secondary importance

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 01:00 AM

I also concern, although android isn't that hard to get around

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    03-24-16 01:24 AM
    I switched back to android from bb10. Had a z30 and went to a priv. The main thing I miss is the hub works better on bb10 and miss being able to have several apps option at once. Priv is definitely the best android I've had.

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    03-24-16 01:27 AM
    I am also looking at making the switch from my Z30 to a Priv. My Z30 has been randomly closing apps on me, which is too bad as I like it's size and until now has functioned great. Not excited to have to buy apps again for a new platform, curious if any apps that were purchased as part of Amazon app store transfer over?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 06:27 AM
    I am also looking at making the switch from my Z30 to a Priv. My Z30 has been randomly closing apps on me, which is too bad as I like it's size and until now has functioned great. Not excited to have to buy apps again for a new platform, curious if any apps that were purchased as part of Amazon app store transfer over?

Posted via CB10
    Amazon apps can carry over if you reinstall the Amazon app store (here). BlackBerry World, no.
    05-14-16 06:34 PM
    I recently switched from a Z10 to a Z30 to finally get a Galaxy S7 Edge. Even thought I "Prived" my S7 to the maximum extent I could possibly do, I still miss my Z30.

As others said, BB10 is much faster in terms on "functional" use (texting, email, attaching photos and documents, etc) plus, I find that nothing is integrated within the OS on Android. Basically, you need an app for EVERYTHING. Contacts, an app, photos an app, texting, an app even basic system parameters, an app!

So by the end of the day, you will have a bunch load of opened apps and as the multi tasking is not really efficient, you will probably end up closing all of them just to open them back later.

If I had a device like the S7 Edge with BBOS 10, I would change in a heartbeat.
    05-15-16 08:28 AM
    The open apps issue, multitasking and home button is basically the same on iOS. On the flip side Android allows for more choice of apps to use. I like BB10 but having a phone ecosystem is more important than the OS to me.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-15-16 09:09 AM
    Amazon apps can carry over if you reinstall the Amazon app store (here). BlackBerry World, no.
    Thanks for the info, glad to know some of my apps will carry over.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 11:42 AM
    The open apps issue, multitasking and home button is basically the same on iOS. On the flip side Android allows for more choice of apps to use. I like BB10 but having a phone ecosystem is more important than the OS to me.

Posted via CB10
    Your position is clear and shows the difference in vision: if you need a phone to chat up with other, Androids are ok, the marshmallow version is quite stable. On the other hand, if you wish to have a good phone to send emails, view documents and all the rest you do at work,blackberry 10 remains the choice.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 and Lusitano17 like this.
    05-15-16 12:12 PM
    I can read multiple news apps that are not on BB10, use the apps supplied by major Airlines ,stream Google Play music to my home stereo via audio Chrome cast. I can monitor my home heating system during our cold winters. Lastly, Google maps works really well for a variety reasons. I can send emails etc and view documents just as well.

I do like the Hub and VKB from BlackBerry and am looking forward to buying a BlackBerry for my next phone.
    05-16-16 07:56 AM
    As much as i liked BB10 it was too late to the game, should have been released years ago. But Android is pretty good i love my Priv, and the apps lol.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-16-16 10:24 AM
    Android is slick enough until it gets overloaded and bombs you out of your apps. It hogs RAM and is in general fairly mediocre and overhyped but hey, you don't have a choice but to use it.
    05-17-16 06:19 AM
    Android is slick enough until it gets overloaded and bombs you out of your apps. It hogs RAM and is in general fairly mediocre and overhyped but hey, you don't have a choice but to use it.
    What are you even talking about? I've never had this issue on any of my android devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 06:29 AM
    What are you even talking about? I've never had this issue on any of my android devices.

Posted via CB10
    Yes.
    05-17-16 07:19 AM
    I have all the BB10 devices, plus iOS, Android and WP10. I tried the Priv and it is just an Android with a keyboard (bad one at that, never liked a slider). My main phone is a Z30 which is the best mobile device I have ever used.
    05-17-16 07:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    My Nexus 7 with MM is a dog.
    05-17-16 07:27 AM
    My Nexus 7, 2013 model works fine on MM.
    05-17-16 08:01 AM
    I found Android to be a pretty stable OS, and if you allow yourself time to become familiar with it... pretty easy to use.

Big plus for me is the hardware, finally got the flagship all touch that BlackBerry just never would make.

I do miss the file explorer on BB10 and the gestures. But I don't miss the buggy Wi-Fi or the terrible battery life of the Z10.
    05-17-16 08:11 AM
    I found Android to be a pretty stable OS, and if you allow yourself time to become familiar with it... pretty easy to use.

Big plus for me is the hardware, finally got the flagship all touch that BlackBerry just never would make.

I do miss the file explorer on BB10 and the gestures. But I don't miss the buggy Wi-Fi or the terrible battery life of the Z10.
    Never had WiFi problems with my Z10 and have great battery life with my Z30. And no matter how much time, you will never be as productive on Android as BB10.
    05-17-16 12:48 PM
    The BBOS 10 is the best..yes...the Android is full of app but if you want to comunicate and be the in the first row the BB 10 is the best solution.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    05-17-16 01:35 PM
28 12