I boughT a Generic battery for my 9900 but it doesn't work
    01-08-15 01:09 PM
    Not all "aftermarket" batteries/vendors/Country of Origin" are created equal.
    You have to look at the vendor and do a bit of looking at their reviews.

Return the battery and try another vendor.
    01-08-15 02:23 PM
    Some devices had a "locked" battery, meaning it had a chip with a code in the battery which is read by the device. If the code is missing or wrong, the device wont power up.
    Most reputable aftermarket battery sellers will also supply a "clone tray" with the replacement battery.
    It works by reading the code on the old battery and coping it to the new one.
    If your device has a locked battery and you didn't get a clone tray then you will need to get one from the supplier.
    If you no longer have the old, original, battery then you will need to get an OEM BlackBerry battery.
    01-08-15 02:27 PM
    You should not buy after market. Battery needs to have a chip in them to be recognized. Return it. Even for my Sony Camera, some after market don't work. It is best to buy real battery or ones hat is approved.
    01-08-15 02:32 PM
    I boughT a Generic battery for my 9900 but it doesn't work
    After buying a couple of fake Blackberry batteries for my 9900's, l decided to try generic ones and there are some high quality batteries around, i found a battery on Amazon UK the make EXpro rated at 1450mAh and bought two to use in both of my 9900's and they have so far after six months worked very well and no problems and they last longer than original batteries, there are other brands it's just a case of finding good ones, hope this helps.
    01-08-15 02:53 PM