I cannot transfer my conatcts over from BB7 to my new purchased classic ? HELP !!!

More detail

It has been 4 hours and I'm on the verge of giving up

I backed up my data on my curve on the blackberry desktop software. I then downloaded Link onto my pc. I connected my curve to the the pc when asked, it then asked me to connect my new device. When I did this nothing happened. I then open Link and a screen appears with the what i assume is the Link home screen. How I do get my curve data onto the my classic ?
    01-07-15 04:10 PM
    ANY HELP !!! Can honestly say I am starting to see why people stick to the old BB devices, Link is awful !!
    01-07-15 04:36 PM
    What I did was a backup of my contacts , notes and browser to my bb7 device to my Sd card. I then moved my Sd card to my passport. Opened the settings app , selected device switch , entered my password I used when I made my backup and then selected Transfer
    I think I created the backup with device switch on my bb7 device.
    Hope that helps
    01-07-15 04:37 PM
    Hi thanks for the reply, I didn't have an SD card, I seem to be stuck on the link screen. Is there not an option on the link screen to upload a recently backed up BB7 data file ?
    01-07-15 04:48 PM
    Try bluetooth

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 04:50 PM
    Make a Gmail account and sync your contacts, then add that account to your new phone and sync only contacts from it if you don't want to use it.
    01-07-15 04:54 PM
    I had an old style sim card on my curve, I was given a new sim card which was a nano one, the old BB7 device is now no longer functioning. There must be a way to restore my thwe classic with my old data from a PC surely ?
    01-07-15 04:56 PM
    Make a Gmail account and sync your contacts, then add that account to your new phone and sync only contacts from it if you don't want to use it.
    Thanks for the reply, I don't want a g mail account nor do I have one. This is been going on for 6 hours now and am really getting frustrated.
    01-07-15 05:01 PM
    I was refering to a micro sd card not SIM card. If you don't want to creat a gmail account and have your contacts transferred that way another way. You can pick up a micro as card and transfer things that way. It's not to expensive for a 32 g card and you can add your pictures and music to it saying space on your internal memory
    01-07-15 05:09 PM
    Another way to download the device switch app on both your old device and the Classic. Then just open the app and follow the instructions. It'll take a while if you have a lot of contacts.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 05:13 PM
    Simple thing, just activating your BlackBerry protect on your old BlackBerry.

Then you can restore your contact from BlackBerry protect on your new BlackBerry.

From my Z30
    01-07-15 05:14 PM

Then you can restore your contact from BlackBerry protect on your new BlackBerry.

From my Z30
    Sorry for the silly question how do I activate blackberry protect ?
    01-07-15 05:20 PM
    I was refering to a micro sd card not SIM card. If you don't want to creat a gmail account and have your contacts transferred that way another way. You can pick up a micro as card and transfer things that way. It's not to expensive for a 32 g card and you can add your pictures and music to it saying space on your internal memory
    i shall give this a try tomorrow, I am absolutley amazed that there is no staright forward way to transfer data from a BB7 device to a classic on Link, can honestly say if i wasn't a blackberry fan I would be walking away right now. This is pretty dire !
    01-07-15 05:21 PM
    Another way to download the device switch app on both your old device and the Classic. Then just open the app and follow the instructions. It'll take a while if you have a lot of contacts.

Posted via CB10
    My old curve isn't functioning now, the sim card has been de activated as I had to get a new one (nano) for the classic
    01-07-15 05:22 PM

From my Z30
    It says my blackberry does not support this application ! Sigh !
    01-07-15 05:28 PM
    You should be able to use blackberry world on wifi to down load the device switch app
    01-07-15 05:37 PM
    i shall give this a try tomorrow, I am absolutley amazed that there is no staright forward way to transfer data from a BB7 device to a classic on Link, can honestly say if i wasn't a blackberry fan I would be walking away right now. This is pretty dire !
    There is a straight forward way to transfer the data. You use Link to do it all, not the old Desktop Software or any downloaded apps.

Here's CrackBerry's guide:

http://m.crackberry.com/how-transfer...erry-10-device

You can also send contacts from you old BlackBerry to your Classic using Bluetooth.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.1154 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    01-07-15 06:05 PM
    It says my blackberry does not support this application ! Sigh !
    So you have to download it from bbw.

Or use device switch. You can find it from bbw for both devices.

From my Z30
    01-07-15 06:15 PM
    Thanks for the reply, I don't want a g mail account nor do I have one. This is been going on for 6 hours now and am really getting frustrated.
    Well you wouldn't have to ever use it. Just get your contacts on your new phone. But now that I think about it I don't remember how bbos syncs contacts.
    01-07-15 07:01 PM
    There is a whole section of guides from BlackBerry on Device Switching here:

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2014/...inkId=11537403

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.1154 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    01-07-15 09:51 PM
    Thank you for all your responses guys I will look into this this has been very frustrating, was really looking forward to using the classic but has been nothing but ab absolute nightmare so far !
    01-08-15 01:20 AM
    I can honestly say the steps shown on the website for how link works does not operate in this way. Now that my old bb device has no reception I am unable to do anything with it but the contacts are still showing. Luckily I backed up the device before the sim was discontinued but I am still at a loss.
    01-08-15 01:24 AM
    There is a whole section of guides from BlackBerry on Device Switching here:

Inside BlackBerry Help Blog End of Year Wrap-Up | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Johnny

When I click on the link of how to transfer old bb device it brings up the android transfer !
    01-08-15 01:25 AM
    On BlackBerry World download the device switch app on both devices.

It's great and very straight forward

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-08-15 01:27 AM
    You should be able to use blackberry world on wifi to down load the device switch app
    Does not allow me to download it on just wifi
    01-08-15 01:29 AM
53 123