I have backed up my BlackBerry 9800 Torch to BlackBerry Desktop Manager and need to transfer content (contacts, emails, notes, smses, media, etc.) to a Samsung S8 Android. How do I go about it?
    01-04-18 08:20 AM
    I have backed up my BlackBerry 9800 Torch to BlackBerry Desktop Manager and need to transfer content (contacts, emails, notes, smses, media, etc.) to a Samsung S8 Android. How do I go about it?
    You can't do it that way. You have to install and run the Content Transfer app on both devices.

Better yet, move everything to the cloud.
    01-04-18 08:47 AM
    The Content Transfer app is not foolproof - I've tried to use it for transfering from a Z30 to a Pixel and no luck so far. Go through all the steps on screens and...nada.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-18 09:57 AM
    No it isn't 100%....

Some have had more success , being selective about what they transfer via that solution and manually do the rest.

VIdeos, Music, Pictures and Documents... should be pretty easy to move those manually.

Email, Calendar, Contacts.... at this point those should be part of an account the sync to the cloud.
    01-04-18 10:14 AM
    a) I have synced Microsoft Outlook with my principal email address to Desktop Manager so I might be able to upload & download the contacts but I don't know if other files will come through and how. Any tips?

b) Is Wondershare a reliable option? They are charging $20 for a 1 year licence to transfer info between & upto 5 mobiles.

c) Unfortunately I cannot get internet on the BlackBerry 9800 at this point so getting it synced via cloud or Gmail or Content Transfer does not seem to be an option. Any other ideas?

d) I have transferred media files so far using a microSD card to the android device and has worked well. I just need to transfer my organizer data and files across.
    01-04-18 01:01 PM
    One option....

Have an active sync capable email account (don't have one, get an outlook.com account).
    Use Desktop Outlook to "Export to a File" choose the .pst option. Save to a location you can find.
    Add the new email account (if you don't have one already) to desktop Outlook.
    Use Desktop Outlook to "import for another program or file", and import your existing data into that account.

Once done that account will take a while to sync to the cloud (depends on how much info there was).

In the end, once you add that account to your phone, that data (Contacts, Calendar, Emails) should be available.

Might have to repeat if you have multiple existing accounts that are the old POP type that doesn't do two way syncing.
    01-04-18 02:42 PM