I am relatively new to Android (6 months), and I'm having trouble accepting invitations sent to my company email address (appearing in Hub) to my Google calendar on my phone without the calendar generating a new event with me as organiser and sending out invites to all the attendees. I'm using the native calendar app on my Blackberry KeyOne that is linked to my google calendar only.

Steps:
    1) I get an invite to my company account: me@mydomain.com (that appears in the Hub)
    2) I click "add to calendar' ADD
    3) Popup at bottom 'Select Calendar', I choose: me@gmail.com / Events (only available option)
    4) Blue event screen appears with correct event details and original mtg organiser, pop up 'event added' also pops up.
    5) However after a few seconds, this screen disappears and a new green event screen appears with the same meeting details except it lists my gmail account as the organiser and all the other people as attendees.
    6) And I just found out yesterday that this 'new' event (with me as organiser) has been being emailed out to all of the participants.

How do I stop the google calendar from generating this new erroneous event. I just want to put the original invite event in my phone's google calendar....
    04-25-18 12:24 PM
    Same issue and google does not have a solution.
    06-01-18 09:10 PM
    Why not just add your domain account calendar to the device instead of importing the meeting into a second account?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-18 06:23 AM
    I don't understand what you mean, I use outlook on my PC for one work account. I also use google calendar for some of my others business and shared family calendars.
    06-05-18 01:09 AM
    From your own description of the problem, you're receiving a calendar invite from your work email and then adding that appointment into a Google calendar, which is a third-party calendar.
    Is there a reason you need to use that instead of just having your work email on your handset?
    Does your company have any kind of policies on forwarding mail or other information to external providers?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-18 11:02 PM
    I do have my work email on my phone. I don't ever use Gmail, but you need to get a Gmail account (thats my understanding) to set up the phone. is there a way to have a calendar that is not through google?
    06-11-18 11:34 AM
    I do have my work email on my phone. I don't ever use Gmail, but you need to get a Gmail account (thats my understanding) to set up the phone. is there a way to have a calendar that is not through google?
    Does your Work email support Exchange? If so, you can just add it to a mail client as an Exchange account and it will sync your calendar, contacts, and mail.
    06-12-18 12:19 PM
    I have the same issue using Google Calendar on the Hub. The only way to avoid it seems to be to leave your meeting notifications left unread.

Without touching it, a new meeting invitation gets populated into your calendar. However as soon as you select it to read it, a notification is sent out to all attendees as if you have set out a new meeting and it also duplicates the item in your calendar. Extremely annoying! And embarrassing because it makes it look like you are creating your own (unnecessary) meetings instead of simply accepting those sent to you by others.
    06-12-18 01:12 PM
    I never accept meeting invites on my phone, because it gives me less control over the response. Kind of kills some of the utility of having work email and calendar on the phone, but I know it'll sync over to the calendar anyway regardless of whether I accept it phone or not (unless I decline it of course.)
    06-12-18 01:17 PM
    Something that used to work so perfectly on BB is now a MESS!!

I am sure the phone hogging google Must be the problem.

I used Yahoo and none of the features work, anymore.

I used to be able to share calendar notices to family. Nope. Now I have to Drill these into my kids head and hope they show up

If this is Not fixed in keytwo... I Definitely won't get one.
    06-12-18 01:31 PM
    I never accept meeting invites on my phone, because it gives me less control over the response. Kind of kills some of the utility of having work email and calendar on the phone, but I know it'll sync over to the calendar anyway regardless of whether I accept it phone or not (unless I decline it of course.)
    That's the thing, I'm not even talking about accepting it on your phone. All you have to do is select it to read it in the Hub...and the Hub generates a new meeting (as if you were the author of said meeting) and sends it out to all the attendees! Definitely one for the BlackBerry coders to look into. It seems from Day 1 on Android it has been challenging for BlackBerry to deal with both Gmail and Google Calendar accounts within the Hub, so I can't say I'm surprised. But it's definitely an annoyance to say the least.
    06-12-18 01:44 PM
    That's the thing, I'm not even talking about accepting it on your phone. All you have to do is select it to read it in the Hub...and the Hub generates a new meeting (as if you were the author of said meeting) and sends it out to all the attendees! Definitely one for the BlackBerry coders to look into. It seems from Day 1 on Android it has been challenging for BlackBerry to deal with both Gmail and Google Calendar accounts within the Hub, so I can't say I'm surprised. But it's definitely an annoyance to say the least.
    Oh wow. That sucks. I never used the hub on my KEYOne. I don't even like it on the Z10. I want me stuff separate.
    06-12-18 01:47 PM
    Oh wow. That sucks. I never used the hub on my KEYOne. I don't even like it on the Z10. I want me stuff separate.
    Worst case scenario is I may be forced to use Google's app for the calendar. I do prefer the BlackBerry version, but they are not making it easy for me Lol.
    06-12-18 01:50 PM
    Worst case scenario is I may be forced to use Google's app for the calendar. I do prefer the BlackBerry version, but they are not making it easy for me Lol.
    You are brave. I don't want use the Google. It's not my main e-mail. I don't like being forced onto Google, that way Apple did.

Never had that problem with BB10
    06-12-18 03:26 PM
    You are brave. I don't want use the Google. It's not my main e-mail. I don't like being forced onto Google, that way Apple did.

Never had that problem with BB10
    More like an admission of defeat. An Android phone IS Google. I use Google's calendar already, the difference is I use the Hub and the BlackBerry calendar app to access my account/data. Google already has it. Seems like they want to control which apps I can use to access it as well. Lol.
    06-12-18 03:46 PM
    OK so I did some fiddling around with BlackBerry calendar today to try and determine what the exact issue is using your Google account as your default calendar in the BlackBerry calendar app:

1. When you receive a new meeting invite in the Hub, open it but do NOT click 'add to calendar' when prompted.

2. The item will be added to 'Events' in your Google calendar automatically, but it may not show up instantly in BlackBerry calendar. BlackBerry calendar will give you a sync warning and tell you to refresh. Don't forget to make sure you have Google's calendar app enabled as well, or the refresh may not work.

3. If you click 'accept' for the meeting invite, BlackBerry calendar will create a duplicate copy of the meeting and a warning message pops up that you have a conflict in your schedule. At the same time, and with no warning, it sends out an email invitation for the duplicate event. So now you have two copies of the same event in your calendar, one of them inadvertently initiated by you and sent to all the other attendees of the original meeting.

I also logged in and checked the Google calendar settings using a Web browser. The default 'Events' folder for the Google calendar has no option for auto acceptance of meeting invitations. Interestingly, if you create a new sub-calendar it does give you that option...however it seems to do nothing other than control whether or not a new item is auto accepted (ie. copied into) the sub-calendar from the main one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    06-13-18 04:45 PM