Hi,
    I have a Blackberry Q10, on which I have installed the Opencamera app. I have no problems saving pictures to my SD card from the native camera app; but haven't been able to do the same thing with Opencamera.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    ...... john
    01-31-23 06:02 PM
    Anyone?
    02-01-23 08:51 AM
    Anyone?
    Does Opencamera even work on a BB10 device? Since it's an android app (if it works) it could possible store pics in a different folder. Look in the File Manager for a separate folder related to OpenCamera. I did not think that you could even open or use this app and even if it did work I cannot imagine it being any better than the native camera. Why would you use it?

-- from File Manager drill down : misc/android and check for an Opencamera folder
    02-01-23 09:03 AM
    I think OpenCarmera was something I tried on my Z10 to improve camera quality... didn't really help much, so I switched back. For sure someone use to all the controls might want it.

I know many had problems with Android Apps in general, being able to access the SD Card.... because those Apps are running on a "runtime" and not really Android. Some Apps allow you to specify a path, if so try file:///mnt/sdcard/external_sd
    02-01-23 09:10 AM
    Anyone?
    Found the location: File Manager/Device/misc/android/DCIM/OpenCamera/your pictures will show here
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-01-23 09:22 AM
    Hi,
    I have a Blackberry Q10, on which I have installed the Opencamera app. I have no problems saving pictures to my SD card from the native camera app; but haven't been able to do the same thing with Opencamera.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    ...... john
    So, to actually answer your question: It appears that OpenCamera does not have the option within the app to set the storage folder location (that I could see, anyway). You would have to manually select all the pics using File Manager and then move them over to your SD card. I'd be interested to know if you find that camera app better than the native? It certainly is NOT in my Passport but ymmv. Hope this helps!
    02-01-23 01:00 PM
    Thanks Dunt/brookie,
    Yes, I found them there too, using the file manager; but Windows 7 only seems to see the SD card, unless I'm missing something. Yes, I can, and have moved them to the card, but I'd rather not, if I can avoid it. I will compare the Opencamera to the native app and let you know what I think. Perhaps I'm wasting my time trying to use Opencamera. Thanks again for your help.
    ...... john
    Last edited by shakushinnen; 02-01-23 at 02:37 PM. Reason: correcting diction
    02-01-23 02:36 PM