I have navfree and map for Florida - I want to plan some routes in advance to check whether I can rely or whether I should top up my phone so I can use live data...
    11-06-14 10:23 AM
    I just answered this in another thread. Look for 'How do I plan a route from a to b in Navfree?'

Q10 ? The Other Crackberry Pirate ? Z30 | via CB10
    11-06-14 12:13 PM
    Well, if you were using BlackBerry Maps, I could tell you. But since you obviously choose not to, I can't.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    11-06-14 03:19 PM
    Well, if you were using BlackBerry Maps, I could tell you. But since you obviously choose not to, I can't.

*With location services turned off*
    Please, tell me.
    How do you plan route between two known addresses using BlackBerry maps?

You get a permissions not set correctly error.. even though permissions are set correctly.. Either way, why won't BlackBerry maps let you plan a route with your location disabled?
    Stupid bug, the error presented isn't even correct. BlackBerry keeps telling me "they don't understand".. and I've showed them screenshots etc. Lol

Note: this post is just to bring the bug to light, since it's exist since 10.0 and nobody seems to notice except me

OS 10.3.1.1016: destructive 821 > upgrade 800 > upgrade 938 > delta 1016
    11-06-14 03:42 PM
    Please, tell me.

You get a permissions not set correctly error.. even though permissions are set correctly.. Either way, why won't BlackBerry maps let you plan a route with your location disabled?
    Stupid bug, the error presented isn't even correct. BlackBerry keeps telling me "they don't understand".. and I've showed them screenshots etc. Lol

Note: this post is just to bring the bug to light, since it's exist since 10.0 and nobody seems to notice except me

Must be just you. I don't have any issues at all with BlackBerry Maps. Plus, I can't help it if you choose to have your location hidden from those who apparently are conspiring against you.

11-06-14 05:04 PM
    Must be just you. I don't have any issues at all with BlackBerry Maps.

Smh

Turn your location off and try to plan a route
    Jeez.. do you work for BlackBerry?? , you sound like them "I don't understand"

Open the maps app, select an address, hit overflow > plan route, change the first option from "my location" to a known address.
    ERROR

Must just be me.. yeah, or you didn't try
    Lol
    How do I plan a route from A to B in Navfree (or is there a user guide that tells me how)?-img_20141106_180808.png

My permissions are set correctly.
    Attachment 312701
    11-06-14 05:09 PM
    Must be just you. I don't have any issues at all with BlackBerry Maps. Plus, I can't help it if you choose to have your location hidden from those who apparently are conspiring against you.

Conspiring against me??
    Having GPS enabled wastes battery life
    I work underground, I park underground.
    I don't need gps to get directions from point A to point B, and I definitely have no reason to keep it enabled and plenty of good reasons to turn it off. If I'm not within gps coverage, why would I want my phone trying desperately to get a gps signal as soon as I open any app that uses gps?? CMON now.

I'm not navigating. I'm trying to (notice the keyword) PLAN a route.

And your reply is foolish. Because REGARDLESS the ERROR is WRONG.
    How does "I'm just making note of a bug that has been around forever" imply that think people are conspiring against me? (to steal my location? ? Or what's the conspiracy here? You lost me)
    Are you one of them conspiracy theorists?

I'm talking about a bug and you seem to think it's some conspiracy. #imconfused #soooooo #anyway

Last edited by nah.uhh; 11-06-14 at 05:27 PM.
    11-06-14 05:14 PM
    Please, tell me.

This thread is about Navfree, not BlackBerry maps. Please stay on topic and help the OP with his/her question if you have something to add.

11-06-14 05:33 PM

Please stay on topic - this is about Navfree, not BlackBerry Maps.

11-06-14 05:34 PM
    First push location A and then down maniu push location from here, then push location B and down meniu push (of you have walking mode push steps icon or if you have car mode push car icon) then nav free ask to you where you whant route map and here be 2 answare selected and my location, you must push selected

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    11-06-14 05:41 PM
    This thread is about Navfree, not BlackBerry maps. Please stay on topic and help the OP with his/her question if you have something to add.

Yes, but perhaps the op prefers nav free because BlackBerry maps doesn't suit his needs, and according to the specific feature the op is looking for, "plan route", is partially broken.

Buddy posted some arrogant statement about "it's your own fault for not using maps"
    the op may have thought that to be true, but it isnt, as the specific feature the op needs doesn't work properly in BlackBerry maps, making BlackBerry maps a non recommendation for planning routes.

The op uses navfree and offline Maps. Recommending BlackBerry maps for his purpose is silly.

I planned to post once and leave, but buddy edit his post to call the bug a conspiracy? Which is false information. So I had to correct him, the bug exists and isn't a conspiracy.

Apologies for derailing, but I thought it was important to correct the misinformation. BlackBerry maps could only do what he was asking so long as he had location enabled.

Also, you said you had answered the post already in another (duplicate?) thread.
    This is a discussion forum. The problem was solved, should the thread be closed or can we continue the discussion?
    I thought it was OK to continue the discussion.

Again, I didn't come out here to start problems.. I'm 1 infraction away from a 9 month vacation, why would I do that?

Lol

You can delete this post, would have sent in pm but didn't feel like using website

Last edited by nah.uhh; 11-06-14 at 06:03 PM.
    11-06-14 05:43 PM
    No worries. I just didn't want to get the OPs question lost in a sea of off-topic discussion. I was here to help. :-)

nah.uhh likes this.
    11-06-14 09:15 PM
    I have navfree and map for Florida - I want to plan some routes in advance to check whether I can rely or whether I should top up my phone so I can use live data...
    OP, look for the other similar thread. I put pictures in my reply.

11-06-14 09:17 PM
    OP, look for the other similar thread. I put pictures in my reply.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=974340

HighFlight88 likes this.
    11-06-14 09:48 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=974340

Lol. If only the OP would of just posted the link instead of telling them to search for it this whole discussion would have never happened.

Posted via CB10 | Q10
    11-06-14 10:02 PM