Hi, a few days ago my q10 started giving me trouble charging . It would show the lightning bolt next to my percentage of remaining battery but sometimes would not charge and would give the please use a genuine charge cable to charge notification. I am using the same oem charge cable I have used for years without issue. Occasionally the unit would charge and all the while I have been using it.

Last night I had it in a position that it was charging and went to sleep with over 20% battery and no apps running. I woke up and the phone is completely dead. When I plug it in to charge it gives me various issues such as the screen with the red line through the lighting bolt, the screen with an image of an electric plug with a line through it, or a blank screen with the red light flashing in the following pattern: red, red, red, pause, red,red, red, long pause, repeat sequence.

Is my battery dead, or is my phone having a software issue??

TIA
    06-08-16 08:51 AM
    Could be a bad battery, could be the charging port, or it could be a software issue. I suspect 1 of the first 2. Try using a different cord, try plugging it in to a PC or Mac to charge and NOT the wall. Worst-case you might need a repair.

Contact BlackBerry - United States
    Could be a bad battery, could be the charging port, or it could be a software issue. I suspect 1 of the first 2. Try using a different cord, try plugging it in to a PC or Mac to charge and NOT the wall. Worst-case you might need a repair.

Contact BlackBerry - United States
    06-08-16 09:11 AM
    Try a different charger. If you have been using the one you have for years there is a good chance the connector is worn. I have one charger that periodically gives me that message. Sometimes after that message the lightening bolt disappears. All my other chargers work fine.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 09:19 AM
    Thanks for the fast response guys.

I should have added I have tried a couple different chargers with the same issue.

I just ordered a replacement battery and an external oem charger so hopefully that resolves the issue, but I wasn't sure if anyone knew what the sequence of the red blinking light meant. I assume different sequences mean different failures?
    pkcable likes this.
    06-08-16 10:09 AM
    Thanks for the fast response guys.

I should have added I have tried a couple different chargers with the same issue.

I just ordered a replacement battery and an external oem charger so hopefully that resolves the issue, but I wasn't sure if anyone knew what the sequence of the red blinking light meant. I assume different sequences mean different failures?
    IF/When you get it running again try using the BlackBerry Virtual Expert to run diagnostic tests on the device....

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/27226887

And if that doesn't detect anything and if you are still having issues contact BlackBerry and/or an authorized service center.
    06-09-16 02:12 PM
    Just thought I would share that the issue was indeed the charging port.

I got an external charger and a couple extra batteries and now I am just rotating them on the external charger, I will just make due until I finally decide what my next phone will be.

Thanks!
    pkcable likes this.
    06-12-16 07:33 PM
    Just thought I would share that the issue was indeed the charging port.

I got an external charger and a couple extra batteries and now I am just rotating them on the external charger, I will just make due until I finally decide what my next phone will be.

Thanks!
    GREAT solution! I had to do that with one of my old style BBs. Actually in that case I was able to use the charging contacts and the charging pod, remember those? But the USB port was toast!
    06-13-16 08:37 PM