I was out driving in warm weather this week and unfortunately a chocolate bar melted on to my beloved Z10 which happened to be in the same paper bag with the chocolate bar. I wiped off the melted chocolate as soon as I saw it but, since then, the volume on phone calls is very low, i.e., I can barely hear what the person on the other end is saying. They can hear me just fine. I tried playing a YouTube song and that too worked just fine. Also, if I put the phone call on speaker mode, I can hear just fine. It's only the phone call volume in regular mode (placed next to my ear) that seems to be affected.

I tried opening up the back panel and cleaning it up. Everything looks good but unfortunately, the sound volume is still very low.

Any ideas on what else I could do to rescue my beloved 4+ year old Z10? I'd really like to hang on to it for some more time.

Thanks.
    05-31-17 03:29 AM
    If the ear piece speaker is clean and you said you checked it, then it is possible the heat did some damage. How does a call sound on speaker? Try changing the phone settings call audio like from default to bass boost.
    05-31-17 04:35 AM