I just got a blackberry priv, and initially while on the home screen if I just started typing it would bring up Blackberry universal device search, but now whenever I start typing on the home screen it will open apps I don't want it to. If I start typing "theverge.com", the first T press will open the tasks and the remaining " heverge.com" shows up as a task. How do I turn back the clock so just typing on the home screen brings up universal device search and nothing else?
    05-07-17 08:12 AM
    I just got a blackberry priv, and initially while on the home screen if I just started typing it would bring up Blackberry universal device search, but now whenever I start typing on the home screen it will open apps I don't want it to. If I start typing "theverge.com", the first T press will open the tasks and the remaining " heverge.com" shows up as a task. How do I turn back the clock so just typing on the home screen brings up universal device search and nothing else?
    Go under settings of the launcher, you will see and option to start a Search by typing. Enable that. So that will bring up the search whenever you type. You will still be able to use long press shortcuts

Posted via CB10
    05-07-17 08:14 AM
    Of course by default on the Android Priv the short-key press of "S" will always bring up the Search, if you leave the short-press keyboard shortcuts turned on (as an alternative to your request), leaving other short-pressed shortcuts to other apps still available to you.

Though on the previous keyboarded PASSPORT BB10, any key short-pressed would bring up the search (as the Long-press keys were for other shortcuts on that device).
    05-09-17 02:36 AM