not getting option for video calling while talking to android bbm video sign remains blackened
    used some apps like iom and we chat but the calling was of poor quality pls help me
    12-30-14 12:47 PM
    Video calling on bbm hasn't been released for all platforms. Currently you can only bbm video call between BlackBerry 10 devices

There is BBM Meetings, but it requires a separate app and also a paid subscription to use.

Have you tried Skype already?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 12:50 PM
    Sorry to wake up an old, really old, thread. Video calling for Android was released a few weeks ago. I am able to do video between two android devices and an android and an iphone.

But my Q5 can only do audio with the android and iphone bbm version. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
    07-09-16 09:53 AM
    Sorry to wake up an old, really old, thread. Video calling for Android was released a few weeks ago. I am able to do video between two android devices and an android and an iphone.

But my Q5 can only do audio with the android and iphone bbm version. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
    BBM video calling between BlackBerry 10 and others is not supported. That's it.

Via Pasta CB10
    07-09-16 10:11 AM
    Is that not the most counter intuitive thing BB could do? Oh man... Are you certain that even the newer devices such as the Passport cant video call users on android or iOS?
    07-09-16 10:20 AM
    Is that not the most counter intuitive thing BB could do? Oh man... Are you certain that even the newer devices such as the Passport cant video call users on android or iOS?
    Would be even more counter intuitive to solely support the Passport.

Via Pasta CB10
    07-09-16 10:50 AM
    As of now, that is the case. Whether or not that will be the permanent situation remains to be seen, though currently, BlackBerry is still rolling out the video calling feature and it is not supposed to be fully rolled out until July (although we are already crossing off the days before that deadline is missed). It does allow room for optimism in the meantime, however it doesn't seem to be possible yet.

Also, there have been some reports that people have been able to do it when the call was initiated from a device running Android TO BB10 although I'm not certain if the call was actually successful or they just saw that the button was there. In my own experience, my wife has an Android and I have BB10, the video call button shows on her phone but it reverts to a BBM voice call when we try to use it.
    07-09-16 10:50 AM
    As of now, that is the case. Whether or not that will be the permanent situation remains to be seen, though currently, BlackBerry is still rolling out the video calling feature and it is not supposed to be fully rolled out until July (although we are already crossing off the days before that deadline is missed). It does allow room for optimism in the meantime, however it doesn't seem to be possible yet.

Also, there have been some reports that people have been able to do it when the call was initiated from a device running Android TO BB10 although I'm not certain if the call was actually successful or they just saw that the button was there. In my own experience, my wife has an Android and I have BB10, the video call button shows on her phone but it reverts to a BBM voice call when we try to use it.
    Thank you for your inputs. Yes, that is exactly what happens with my friend's android and my Q5. It shows a video call but reverts to a voice call. And if missed, it always shows as a 'missed video call'. Also, the Q5 does not show a video call icon in the first place as you mentioned. So yes, since this is still BETA phase, so to speak and since July is still not over yet, we do have reasons to remain hopeful :-)

Thanks a bunch guys. Do update the thread, please, should this situation change.
    07-09-16 12:08 PM