Here are my questions:

1) Is it possible to completely delete your Visual Voicemail password on a BlackBerry Q20, which uses BlackBerry 10 OS.

2) If you receive an "enter visual voicemail password" alert and you absent-mindedly press "cancel", is it possible to go to Visual Voicemail and REFRESH your mailbox? Of course, if this is possible, one would presumably have to enter their visual voicemail password, which is fine, but right now, I do not even see an option to refresh your Visual Voicemail inbox, which would make it so that, if you accidentally press "cancel" when you are given the "enter visual voicemail password" alert, tough luck, you just can't access that voicemail until you receive another voicemail who knows how much later?
    I guess now that I'm thinking about it, you can use the option to call your voicemail number, but your regular voicemail inbox deletes messages more than a few weeks old!

-----------------------

Here is the original post which includes some angry ranting:

I just found out that a few weeks ago I missed a relatively important voicemail from a friend, because I received no notification whatsoever that I even received a voicemail from this friend. I just found out, because I received a different voicemail just now (I don't get voicemails very often). After I unlocked my phone, I was suddenly prompted with an "enter visual voicemail password" alert.*

Why would I have to enter a password to access visual voicemail? For years cell phones have just given you a regular notification if you receive a voicemail. (On my iPhone I guess I had a voicemail password that I set years ago. Obviously I don't have an iPhone anymore).

I see there is an option to change my password, but I want to delete it completely. I want to receive a REGULAR NOTIFICATION that I HAVE RECEIVED A VOICEMAIL.

*What I am guessing happened a few weeks ago is that I received an "enter visual voicemail password" alert, was confused as to why I was randomly told to enter my visual voicemail password (since I got no notification of a missed call), so I just clicked "cancel" since phones (like ****ty iPhones) ask you for random passwords for no reason sometimes, so I chalked it up to being something stupid like that.

No, instead, it was evidence that I received a voicemail, except I was not notified that I had received a voicemail. I was just told "enter visual voicemail password".

So to boil it down, I have 2 questions:

1) Is it possible to completely delete your Visual Voicemail password on a BlackBerry Q20, which uses BlackBerry 10 OS.

2) If you receive an "enter visual voicemail password" alert and you absent-mindedly press "cancel", is it possible to go to Visual Voicemail and REFRESH your mailbox? Of course, if this is possible, one would presumably have to enter their visual voicemail password, which is fine, but right now, I do not even see an option to refresh your Visual Voicemail inbox, which would make it so that, if you accidentally press "cancel" when you are given the "enter visual voicemail password" alert, tough luck, you just can't access that voicemail until you receive another voicemail who knows how much later?
    I guess now that I'm thinking about it, you can use the option to call your voicemail number, but your regular voicemail inbox deletes messages more than a few weeks old!
    04-04-17 05:04 PM
    Call your Carrier and they will reset it for you and tell you how to disable it.
    Yep! it's that simple!

To access your VVM on your device... open the dial pad. scroll down from the top and you'll see the settings icon on the top right.
    Tap it and in the next window that opens you'll find several options. Open Visual Voice Mail you'll see the info you need.

I have experienced the same issue on my Passport and my Z10.
    So whenever you think only you could mess things up, there's always someone who can mess things up better!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 04-05-17 at 09:54 AM.
    04-05-17 09:44 AM