I keep getting advertising, sticker notices etc on my Z30 when in BBM. Any idea How do I can block or omit these notices.

DHatter
    03-06-15 12:48 PM
    You can't. Sorry
    03-06-15 12:55 PM
    You can't. Sorry
    Apparently, you can. By subscribing to the 'No Ads' subscription on bbm.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 12:58 PM
    Apparently, you can. By subscribing to the 'No Ads' subscription on bbm.

Posted via CB10
    This is outrageous! What a move to upset a BlackBerry fan! My next phone won't be a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 05:19 PM
    This is outrageous! What a move to upset a BlackBerry fan! My next phone won't be a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Well, they need to make money somehow. I really don't have a problem with it. Most of these other messaging services have fees associated with them.

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    03-06-15 05:22 PM
    It probably wouldn't make any difference whether you're using a BlackBerry phone or something else. These ads are coming through BBM.

I'm only getting 1 ad per day. So it's not that big a deal.
    03-06-15 05:31 PM
    Doesn't bother me. Not like they are huge.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 O2 UK
    03-06-15 05:48 PM
    Doesn't bug me, I barely get any and it's not hard to ignore them. It's not the end of the world lol

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 08:35 PM
    There are ads now?

I know there are, but I honestly haven't seen them.
    03-06-15 10:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    As for this post, go ahead. You'll have ads on your BBM whether you're on Android, iOS, or Windows Phone.
    03-06-15 10:51 PM
    OMG I don't like how my passport is black. I'm never buying another blackberry again.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 12:10 AM
    OMG I don't like how my passport is black. I'm never buying another blackberry again.

Posted via CB10
    Not even remotely funny but nice try.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 12:17 AM
    Everyone on here always giving BlackBerry ways to make money and expand. When it does, you get threads like this. Shut up. So hard to hit ignore?
    03-07-15 12:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm known to have an opinion on this, and believe me, I know it seems petty. But I think it's fair though to say hey, don't advertise to me using apps I can't remove. It's just a bit sleezy because you paid for the device and they control the advertisement speed, I know they need the cash, but we really should be pushing back on this kind of behavior on principle.

It's not the end of the world for sure, but we need to draw a line and stop them from double dipping - its not like we get a kickback on the phone prices for it.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    03-07-15 01:10 AM
    I'm known to have an opinion on this, and believe me, I know it seems petty. But I think it's fair though to say hey, don't advertise to me using apps I can't remove. It's just a bit sleezy because you paid for the device and they control the advertisement speed, I know they need the cash, but we really should be pushing back on this kind of behavior on principle.

It's not the end of the world for sure, but we need to draw a line and stop them from double dipping - its not like we get a kickback on the phone prices for it.

You pay for your TV as well. Do you complain when advertisers bombard you with. Uninvited ads. Get over it. It is the new world in which we live. There are commercials everywhere.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 02:05 AM
    I pay for my clothes, and I haven�t received a penny in advertising revenue from Ralph Lauren or Nike yet they seem to want to charge me for displaying their logo. I just don't get it.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 O2 UK
    KermEd likes this.
    03-07-15 03:03 AM
    You pay for your TV as well. Do you complain when advertisers bombard you with. Uninvited ads. Get over it. It is the new world in which we live. There are commercials everywhere.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, well, I use IP TV + Satellite radio - specifically for a dislike of ads. So those two won't help your argument. . I have low level ad blocking on all my internal networks. And if I can remove an ad source from my life, I prefer to. When ads come to CB10, I'll remove it too.

The argument is that yes we've become complacent - especially in NA. And when BlackBerry installs SuperFish into the JavaScript that runs their Browser, and they compromise security to make an extra 5 cents per user, remember this conversation, because that's the inevitable conclusion

I believe people should have a choice, and their individual decisions and comfort levels are theirs to own. Your happy with the ads, great for you, but other people don't have to be - they should have the option of removing the app completely if they want. And I disagree, it's not the world we live in - its the world you have chosen to live in. But that doesn't make it the same world for everyone.

Last edited by KermEd; 03-07-15 at 03:54 AM.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    03-07-15 03:43 AM
    Thread's kinda getting out of hand.
    Okay to answer OP, you can "block" out the ads by purchasing the no-ads in-app purchase.
    03-07-15 03:53 AM
    Lol, well, I use IP TV + Satellite radio - specifically for a dislike of ads. So those two won't help your argument. . I have low level ad blocking on all my internal networks. And if I can remove an ad source from my life, I prefer to. When ads come to CB10, I'll remove it too.

The argument is that yes we've become complacent - especially in NA. And when BlackBerry installs SuperFish into the JavaScript that runs their Browser, and they compromise security to make an extra 5 cents per user, remember this conversation, because that's the inevitable conclusion

I believe people should have a choice, and their individual decisions and comfort levels are theirs to own. Your happy with the ads, great for you, but other people don't have to be - they should have the option of removing the app completely if they want. And I disagree, it's not the world we live in - its the world you have chosen to live in. But that doesn't make it the same world for everyone.

You DO have the option to block ads. By getting the NO ADS subscription.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 07:41 AM
    I don't mind the ads in the Feeds section as its not intrusive. What I hate are the ads that used to come through as Invites with notifications, which I haven't received in a long time. I hope they've stopped that.

I understand the need for ads since they're no longer collecting BIS fees and yet they continue to provide many of the same services.

And I much prefer seeing an ad once in a while than having my personal data mined like what WhatsApp, Facebook, and Google do.

I use IP TV + Satellite radio - specifically for a dislike of ads. So those two won't help your argument. . I have low level ad blocking on all my internal networks. And if I can remove an ad source from my life, I prefer to. When ads come to CB10, I'll remove it too.
    You do pay for your satellite radio subscription and your IP TV, right? Or are you somehow on a free subscription that I'm not yet aware of?
    03-07-15 10:20 AM
    You DO have the option to block ads. By getting the NO ADS subscription.
    Posted via CB10
    Like I said, I know it's fussy and people won't agree with me. I'm OK with that. I just think if your going to force ads, users should be allowed to remove the app if they want.

Mind you I hold a bit of hostility for BBRY these days, so little things they do annoy me more than usual.

03-07-15 01:36 PM
    They do provide an option but you don't like it. When children do that, they call it whining
    03-07-15 03:12 PM
    They shouldn't do this at least to us loyal BlackBerry users. Disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 03:31 PM
    Thread's kinda getting out of hand.
    Okay to answer OP, you can "block" out the ads by purchasing the no-ads in-app purchase.
    Seconded, as it's really the only option and there is a much more involved discussion here on the ads in general:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1004202

03-07-15 03:39 PM
    They shouldn't do this at least to us loyal BlackBerry users. Disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    Well loyal blackberryian you shouldn't try and impede their way of making money. As a loyalist you should understand it and except it.
    ezapper2 likes this.
    03-07-15 03:51 PM
31 12