As I found out, contrary to keyboard shortcut setting saying that "U" only opens calculator app, it also wakes the device. It really annoys me, and for it is completely unnecessary for me, I would really like to disable it. Is it possible? I couldn't find it anywhere in settings.
    10-26-17 06:42 PM
    You are mixing up the long-press shortcut keys U for instantly opening or bringing to focus the calculator when you are on the home-screen, for the short-press "U" or unlock keyboard key when the device is locked - different purpose, different context.
    How does it possibly annoy you?

It only works (short-u for unlock) when your device has been locked (whether you set a password or not) , and you want to unlock it from its locked or less accurately described 'sleep' state.
    Its super convenient to use the u-unlock key instead of fumbling for the power button....and its easier to press and quicker too. Don't think/know if you can disable....just like you can't disable the power button i guess, nor would you want to.... a very and frequently useful feature of a physical keyboarded (pkb) Blackberry 10 smartphone such as the Passport.
    10-26-17 09:12 PM
    I can see why the OP could get annoyed, you still have to swipe up. It would be ok with me if I could disable it but I'm good either way.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-17 10:13 PM
    Swipe up is required when using the power button as well, so no difference there between short-u and power button.

Don't think that is changeable either...that's also a safety for me, in case the phone is accidentally turned on, it won't start messing with anything until i swipe up........kind of like start the car first, put it in gear second.
    10-27-17 09:13 PM