I can't believe how tough Blackberry has made it, to speak with a live person! I had a simple device question and had to go through a ton of voice prompts to only be told " visit shopblackberry.com" It's as if Blackberry is hiding from customers in the US. You would think blackberry would try to keep the few of us happy, but it's as if they are trying to push us to Apple. You can go to any other mobile device company and get a live person with minimal effort. I'm not happy!
    10-24-19 09:39 PM
    US Number
    1-855-223-4034
    8:00-23:00 EST (Monday – Saturday, Sunday Closed)

Is that what you were calling?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-24-19 09:42 PM
    I can't believe how tough Blackberry has made it, to speak with a live person! I had a simple device question and had to go through a ton of voice prompts to only be told " visit shopblackberry.com" It's as if Blackberry is hiding from customers in the US. You would think blackberry would try to keep the few of us happy, but it's as if they are trying to push us to Apple. You can go to any other mobile device company and get a live person with minimal effort. I'm not happy!
    It’s hard to call BlackBerry about the business they shut down three years ago.
    10-24-19 10:24 PM
    What are you trying to ask of TCL?
    10-25-19 01:30 AM
    Hey Flair,

Blackberry Limited, the company, primarily provides support through Twitter and places such as Crackberry these days. It is possible to get phone support but you're right, it is somewhat difficult. This is likely due to the fact that Blackberry Limited actually has nothing to do with the current crop of Android devices with the Blackberry name, as they've licensed that out to a third party, a Chinese company called TCL Communications.

If, however, you're looking for Blackberry 10, BBOS, or Playbook support, you are entirely right to try and call Blackberry Limited...but you honestly might get faster results by posting to Crackberry and putting my name, that of Ben xfg , or a few others in the post with an @ sign before the name. That will alert us that there's an issue with which we may be able to help.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-25-19 02:46 AM
    If, however, you're looking for Blackberry 10, BBOS, or Playbook support, you are entirely right to try and call Blackberry Limited
    Really? you sure about that?
    10-25-19 05:43 PM
    Obligatory hardware support is over by now since it’s been about 30-36 months since official sales ended. Obligatory software help for Playbook is over and will end for BB10 as of 12/31/2019 unless something changes. BB may continue longer support on a voluntary basis...
    rarsen likes this.
    10-25-19 05:55 PM
    He did say TRY.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    10-25-19 07:02 PM
    I find it hard to get any human for any appliance or device these days!
    10-25-19 08:50 PM
    Obligatory hardware support is over by now since it’s been about 30-36 months since official sales ended. Obligatory software help for Playbook is over and will end for BB10 as of 12/31/2019 unless something changes. BB may continue longer support on a voluntary basis...
    *sigh* Blackberry has already committed themselves to software support and BB10/PlayBook services are not EOL...

Posted via CB10
    10-26-19 02:32 PM
    Yes. That is who she should TRY to call for those platforms.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-19 02:33 PM
    *sigh* Blackberry has already committed themselves to software support and BB10/PlayBook services are not EOL...

Posted via CB10
    I said nothing about EOL but simply what their LEGAL obligations are. They are free to continue support for as long or as little as they like. There’s no way to quantify the meaning or time duration of their statement beyond the vagueness BB has published. I’d be happy to change the dates posted when they update from what’s on their current support pages. I’ve clearly stated and distinguished obligatory from voluntary to be honest and fair to all interpretations and opinions.
    10-26-19 05:24 PM
    I said nothing about EOL but simply what their LEGAL obligations are. They are free to continue support for as long or as little as they like. There’s no way to quantify the meaning or time duration of their statement beyond the vagueness BB has published. I’d be happy to change the dates posted when they update from what’s on their current support pages. I’ve clearly stated and distinguished obligatory from voluntary to be honest and fair to all interpretations and opinions.
    So wait...are you holding that EOL is NOT a legal obligation or lack thereof now? Trying to figure out where you are on this Chuck...I don't want to misinterpret your position and thus provide bad replies....
    10-26-19 05:26 PM
    So wait...are you holding that EOL is NOT a legal obligation or lack thereof now? Trying to figure out where you are on this Chuck...I don't want to misinterpret your position and thus provide bad replies....
    Being EOL removes any real or implied obligation. "Not" being EOL says nothing specific on the subject.

In any event, the fact that some back-end services are not currently EOL provides no remedy when the OS itself is EOL. All it does is provide some consolation that the device won't likely blow up on Jan 1st.
    Last edited by conite; 10-26-19 at 05:54 PM.
    10-26-19 05:43 PM
    I’m saying the website support page is full of serious wiggle room to do whatever benefits the company BlackBerry Limited for it’s own selfish or selfless interests.

The last time the Playbook had activation issues, the problem wasn’t resolved for about one month. There was no further comment after the initial delayed response at roughly two week midpoint. Technically, BlackBerry never did officially acknowledge the problem. The BlackBerry employee may have acted on their own with or without official permission. Maybe it’s “don’t ask don’t tell” at this stage.

Do we call that Playbook support , actual support or not? If BB10 servers go down the same way and it’s handled the same way after four weeks, but eventually starts functioning again, in the same manner; is that support? What if YOUR phones were all simultaneously affected? Would you cut them slack?

The minute I stopped getting updates for BBAndroid on my BE KEYone, I started planning to switch off my AT&T KEYone by activating dual eSIM on my XR so as to not lose time learning the future. It’s not about BlackBerry nostalgia, it’s simply moving on for now. I’m carrying and tethering my KEYones like the old days of moving from BB10 when I would tether every so often as if dual carrying.
    10-26-19 05:50 PM