Hi!

I just want to connect my BlackBerry Q5 to my PC via USB, without the whole BlackBerry Link Software.

I want the phone to show up as a drive which i can access via the Windows Explorer, so i can move files from the PC to it.

I already installed a package with the name "BlackBerry USB and Modem Drivers_DEU.msi", and the if i connect the phone via USB, it seems to have correct drivers, but it does not appear as a drive.

What am i doing wrong? Pleas help!
    09-27-14 05:41 AM
    Go to settings - storage and access - USB mass storage and the media card should show up as a drive

Monster Z30 | Connect 2BA7BC8C | follow @anubhavnagpal | join BBM India Hangout at C0001C740
    09-27-14 05:44 AM
    No, this doesen't work for me.

If i turn the phone on and connect it via USB to the PC, it says on the phone screen: "Connected to PC". But it dosen't show up as a drive. If i open "storage and access", the only options there are:

- Access to storage: "Connect with Windows" (is already selected)

and below:

- Access via Wi-Fi, which is tuned OFF.

There is no USB Mass Storage option available...
    09-27-14 06:05 AM
    No, this doesen't work for me.

If i turn the phone on and connect it via USB to the PC, it says on the phone screen: "Connected to PC". But it dosen't show up as a drive. If i open "storage and access", the only options there are:

- Access to storage: "Connect with Windows" (is already selected)

and below:

- Access via Wi-Fi, which is tuned OFF.

There is no USB Mass Storage option available...
    I am talking about settings on Phone. Take a look at the screenshot

How to connect my BlackBerry Q5 to my PC easily via USB without BlackBerry Link?-img_20140927_113818.png

Monster Z30 | Connect 2BA7BC8C | follow @anubhavnagpal | join BBM India Hangout at C0001C740
    09-27-14 06:39 AM
    Thanks for the Screenshot. I'am also talking about the phone. I'am trying to access the internal storage of the phone, a media card is not inserted into the phone.

All the options shown on your screenshot are simply not there. The USB Mass Storage-Option is also not there. So i can't set it to "I".
    09-27-14 06:46 AM
    Right, this is for SD card only. I'm not sure how to access internal phone memory as a drive, but maybe someone else can join in here and help both of us

09-27-14 07:58 AM
    does the memory space available on your internal memory show on your phone?

Sent from my BlackBerry bugatti using Tapatalk
    09-27-14 08:06 AM
    When the phone is connected to the computer (Windows 7),

Go to Start, then computer, then two drives will show up for your Q5: The 8gb internal flash drive and your SD card. If you have no SD card, then just your internal Drive will be there.

With just 8gb, I would recommend an SD card, an inexpensive way to provide storage.
    09-27-14 11:09 AM
    Without link I don't believe internal storage is available by Usb, only the SD card. It is available with the wifi sharing though.

The file manager can easily move the files you want to an SD card that will then be available as a flash drive when plugged in by Usb.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 11:20 AM
    does the memory space available on your internal memory show on your phone?
    Yes.

When the phone is connected to the computer (Windows 7),

Go to Start, then computer, then two drives will show up for your Q5: The 8gb internal flash drive and your SD card. If you have no SD card, then just your internal Drive will be there.
    Right. This is exactly what i want. But not gonna happen. If i connect the phone to the PC, the phone says that it's connected, all drivers are fine, but it does not show up as a drive. If it would be the way you're saying, i would be real happy.

Without link I don't believe internal storage is available by Usb, only the SD card. It is available with the wifi sharing though.
    I guess it's that way. A real shame. Moving files with BlackBerry Link is a pain in my opinion. You can't even drag and drop. Why? Why is RIM doing this? Is it so hard to built a phone who's internal memory can be accessed via the Windows Explorer?

Another thing: If you install the Link software, it also installes 3 Services to the PC, 2 of them are autostart-services and even if you select that the software dosen't get loaded when Windows starts, it adds 2 programms to the Autostart-software-section of the PC.

And when you start the Link software, and block one of the services or the Link software itself from connecting to the internet, the Link software refuses to find/connect to the phone. Sorry, but this the height of impertinence.
    09-28-14 06:35 AM
    The reason the internal storage isn't available as a flash drive by Usb is because that file system is running the phone, it can't be unmounted.

Link is definitely a slow piece of junk. I do my best to avoid it and only install it when required.

Micro Sdcards are quite inexpensive these days. You may be able to find one for under $10 and out sounds like it would make your life a bit easier.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 09:53 PM
    The reason the internal storage isn't available as a flash drive by Usb is because that file system is running the phone, it can't be unmounted.
    I understand. I don't know if the following example can be compared, but my Sony PSP Go has 16 GB internal memory and a 8 GB Memory Stick. When i boot the PSP Go, and connect it to the PC, i can access both memorys via the windows explorer. So i guess there is a way to make it possible.

Link is definitely a slow piece of junk. I do my best to avoid it and only install it when required.

Micro Sdcards are quite inexpensive these days. You may be able to find one for under $10 and out sounds like it would make your life a bit easier.
    Yep. Guess thats the best i can do, thanks.
    09-29-14 04:04 PM
    Hey Guys,

My Blackberry Q5 mobile's Display is brokened and touch is not working. how could i transfer my files in to my PC
    11-12-15 08:49 AM