Is it possible for me to upgrade my os to 2.2 or 2.3. Im a 2.1 OS. And my z10 says its up to date.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 08:17 PM
    Is it possible for me to upgrade my os to 2.2 or 2.3. Im a 2.1 OS. And my z10 says its up to date.
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

I assume you mean you're on a build of OS 10.2.1. Almost all carriers have a 10.2.1 build as their official release, but there might be versions slightly higher than yours.
    Some carriers in Germany just released a 10.2.2 version that you could try. Otherwise there are a few leaked versions of 10.3 out there. 10.3 will have some cool new features but they are pre-release OS versions that might not completely work for you.

@kikopolhen:
    There are 2 ways to update your OS to a version higher than your carrier's official release.

The first is to use an autoloader, as per the how-to guide linked above by Slff. Autoloaders are full OS versions that download to your PC and install to your device. The autoloaders have typically been uploaded by other users.
    Autoloaders are called a "destructive" OS update because your device will be wiped of all your info when complete. So you need to make a Backup with Link first, then close Link and run the Autoloader, then use Link again to Restore your info.

The other method is a non-destructive OS update using the free desktop app called Sachesi:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...achesi-904841/

With Sachesi you can load a higher OS version released by a different carrier. It is called non-destructive because it does not wipe your device. A precautionary Backup using Link is a prudent idea, especially if you're not experienced with all this stuff.
    08-12-14 08:28 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

I assume you mean you're on a build of OS 10.2.1. Almost all carriers have a 10.2.1 build as their official release, but there might be versions slightly higher than yours.
    Some carriers in Germany just released a 10.2.2 version that you could try. Otherwise there are a few leaked versions of 10.3 out there. 10.3 will have some cool new features but they are pre-release OS versions that might not completely work for you.

@kikopolhen:
    There are 2 ways to update your OS to a version higher than your carrier's official release.

The first is to use an autoloader, as per the how-to guide linked above by Slff. Autoloaders are full OS versions that download to your PC and install to your device. The autoloaders have typically been uploaded by other users.
    Autoloaders are called a "destructive" OS update because your device will be wiped of all your info when complete. So you need to make a Backup with Link first, then close Link and run the Autoloader, then use Link again to Restore your info.

The other method is a non-destructive OS update using the free desktop app called Sachesi:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...achesi-904841/

With Sachesi you can load a higher OS version released by a different carrier. It is called non-destructive because it does not wipe your device. A precautionary Backup using Link is a prudent idea, especially if you're not experienced with all this stuff.
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-13-14 06:04 PM