Best Answer

More Answers

Dec 18 2018 | 1:46 pm EST conite

Posted via CB10
Gotta ask: why you would want to anyway?
Dec 20 2018 | 8:12 pm EST Ilya Boyko

I agree why

Posted via my BB Q10 OS 10.3.3204
Dec 21 2018 | 5:17 am EST hazmaju

You really can't uninstall it or remove it, but you can screw it up quite nicely with a BB10 Chrome extension or Sachesi or Darcy's tools. If you want to do that and the result being just the impossibility to install or run any Android apps; then with the help of the mentioned tools, just delete the file with "androidshell" in the name...
Since I don't ever use Android apps on my Classic, did just that. For when I need that apps I have an Android slab without SIM in my bag.

Posted via CB10
Dec 21 2018 | 8:57 am EST Emaderton3

You really can't uninstall it or remove it, but you can screw it up quite nicely with a BB10 Chrome extension or Sachesi or Darcy's tools. If you want to do that and the result being just the impossibility to install or run any Android apps; then with the help of the mentioned tools, just delete the file with "androidshell" in the name...
Since I don't ever use Android apps on my Classic, did just that. For when I need that apps I have an Android slab without SIM in my bag.

Posted via CB10
Doesn't the OS rely on it anyway? If you use ghostcommander, there are a ton of BlackBerry apps that show up.
Dec 21 2018 | 10:03 am EST Dunt Dunt Dunt

Doesn't the OS rely on it anyway? If you use ghostcommander, there are a ton of BlackBerry apps that show up.
The OS and core apps don't... but many of the apps available in BBW are Android Ports.

I do get why someone would want to uninstall it.... personally I'd love to have seen BB10 performance without the Runtime (and without BBM). But it would be a very limited experience.
Dec 21 2018 | 10:07 am EST Emaderton3

The OS and core apps don't... but many of the apps available in BBW are Android Ports.

I do get why someone would want to uninstall it.... personally I'd love to have seen BB10 performance without the Runtime (and without BBM). But it would be a very limited experience.
Why do apps like Contacts show up in Ghost Commander then?
Dec 21 2018 | 10:35 am EST Dunt Dunt Dunt

Why do apps like Contacts show up in Ghost Commander then?
Becuase Android apps need access to your contacts.... but it doesn't mean that THE contacts app in BB10 is Android, only that the Runtime has a Contact "plug-in" that uses the API to access your BB10 contacts. From within the Runtime, it seem like BB10 doesn't exist.
Dec 21 2018 | 11:30 am EST hazmaju

That's why I borked my Android runtime. This way I can't install nor run any Android ports or apps. You actually don't gain anything but that, but since it came up, I just thought to share my experience...
If you do this, it's not fixable, until you go autoloader and everything else is working without any problems.

Posted via CB10