I need to export or save my contacts from my Blackberry Curve to my computer, for transfer to a new smartphone.
    06-03-16 10:18 AM
    Hmmmm....can you export your contacts to Gmail or Yahoo? then they would work on another smartphone. They won't install from a backup in Desktop Manager or Link. Is it another BlackBerry phone you are transferring to?
    06-03-16 10:23 AM
    There are a number of Backup Apps that will save contacts to an excel type format that is usually easily imported into most email systems. Just search backup contacts in BBW

Depending on what platform you are moving to... you could try the BlackBerry Content Transfer app .

What platform are you moving to?
    06-03-16 10:28 AM
    "Contacts to Excel" works well. You can then import then into other email systems like Gmail.
    06-03-16 10:29 AM
    I need to export or save my contacts from my Blackberry Curve to my computer, for transfer to a new smartphone.
    Device Switch worked for me.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    06-03-16 03:37 PM
    Just download 'intouchApp contacts' from bbworld. Back up your contacts, whatever new smartphone you buy, you can get this app on it through bbworld, googleplay, or apple store. It is available across all platforms and it saves you the hassles of using your computer every time you need to sync your contacts. You don't need to pay for it as it is free! Download it, back up your contacts, sync them in the cloud, and your contacts are 99.9% safe. Cheers!

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10.
    06-04-16 10:59 AM
    I got the Contacts to Excel app. It created an XLS file. I then emailed it to both my email accounts. Thanks so much for telling me about this.

Does anyone know if my new Android phone can import an XLS file to create contacts on it?? Or do I have to save it as a CSV file? Anyway, glad I at least have the Excel document.

Enjoy!
    Susan
    06-04-16 01:39 PM