My wife and I went from Bold phones to Z10s when they came out 3 or 4 years ago. On the Bold, we set up e-mail addresses [email protected]. After the upgrade to Z10, the bell.blackberry.net e-mail addresses were no longer supported by Blackberry and we thought we had cancelled them. We must have set my wife's account to forward to another of her accounts, but it didn't matter until recently. After more than three years, spam keeps coming into her e-mail account. It is directed to [email protected]. I am not getting much joy from support at either Bell or Blackberry. The spam filter on our ISP seems to take out mail FROM: but not mail TO:.

I can't find my way into the bell.blackberry account to reverse the settings.

All we want to do is kill the bell.blackberry e-mail account. Kill it dead and cremate it and bury it and never see or hear from it again.

Can I do it, and if so, how?
    02-13-16 10:47 PM
    Not sure if this will work, but if you login to BBRY using your wife's BlackBerry ID, do you not see all the email accounts under that ID? I seem to recall back when I had the 9810, that was how I was able to add/delete/edit email accounts.

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/
    02-14-16 05:20 AM
    When this nightmare began a day or so ago, I found my way into there and sure enough it was showing (hername)@bell.blackberry.net as the email address. I changed it to (name)@our_isp.net and that is still the only e-mail visible. About 40 spam mails came in overnight, all sent TO: (hername)@bell.blackberry.net.

It is as if this email address still exists somewhere out in the ether and it has been told to forward incoming mail to (name)@our_isp.net. We told it to do that when we had Bolds that were held together with duct tape while we waited for the release of the Zedders. Buggered if I can find it and turn off the mail forwarding command. All was good for years after we moved to the Z10s but now a monster has been awoken.
    02-14-16 08:21 AM
    This is probably more of a server issue and I'm reaching on this but if you install Accounts Cleaner from BBW.....???

Surprised that this can't be managed online through Bell account services support.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 04:14 PM
    I was also surprised. Bell and Blackberry support have not been helpful. Blackberry support person told me the Z10 phone was out of warranty and they would charge me $25, even though it is obviously not a problem with the Z10 unit. My ISP told me today that they just upgraded the server that hosts my account and the spam filter might have fallen down. They say all should be good by Tuesday. I would still like to put a stake through the heart of the bell.blackberry e-mail account. I will Google accounts cleaner.
    02-14-16 06:24 PM
    Accounts Cleaner is available in BlackBerry World. It's a free app and I've used it on a couple of occasions to remove persistent accounts which are not readily removed by the accounts manager in the BlackBerry Hub.
    Glad to hear things are moving for you. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 06:31 PM
    I installed Accounts Cleaner. It did not locate the evil bell.blackberry address, and also had some scary use at your own risk warnings that convinced me to uninstall it quickly after it failed to find what I was looking for. There has to be a server at either Bell or Blackberry that hosts this e-mail address but no one seems to know where it is, who administers it, or how to edit the account profile. It's crazy. Also, another thing that put me off the Accounts Cleaner app was that it still referenced RIM in a few places, Very suspicious, to me at least.
    02-15-16 05:52 PM
    It's definitely not your everyday app and in unfamiliar hands it potentially could allow for the accidental removal of necessary files, hence the appropriate warnings.

If you didn't see the dreaded Bell BlackBerry account you can almost be reassured that your dealing with a server issue.
    As far as the RIM identifier I believe that hasn't been revised since the apps inception but there probably hasn't been much to code for in that time.
    Good luck again.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-16 06:26 PM
    It is totally a server problem.

I forwarded my [email protected] years ago. My z10 died and I now have an I phone. Recently an enormous amount of spam has been coming to bell.blackberry.net which is somehow still forwarded even though this service was only supposed to be available for one year.

Maybe someone turned the old server back on or they sold it as junk without deleating the info.

I want mine dead too.

Only way is to get my mail server to ip block wherever this spam is coming from.
    05-24-16 03:45 AM