Bell was unable to help. I have Fine internet, brand new and other devices are connected fine. The Torch will not connect to free WiFi either. The phone wants me to turn on mobile data but that is not a part of my package and dont want to be stuck with outrageous charges. It will connect with mobile data turned on, just refuses to over WiFi. Would appreciate any help.
    11-03-14 04:03 PM
    Sorry, but you have to keep Data Services 'on' under Networks and Connections>Mobile Network. Pre-BB10 BBs just don't work too well without BIS data plans.
    11-03-14 04:49 PM
    Bell was unable to help. I have Fine internet, brand new and other devices are connected fine. The Torch will not connect to free WiFi either. The phone wants me to turn on mobile data but that is not a part of my package and dont want to be stuck with outrageous charges. It will connect with mobile data turned on, just refuses to over WiFi. Would appreciate any help.
    Does it work if you put it into Airplane mode then toggle on the WiFI. And Raino, Data Services on or off has nothing to do with the users issue.
    raino likes this.
    11-03-14 05:23 PM