I am furious over the poor quality of "tech support" we've suffered from when I spent hundreds of dollars in purchasing a Priv for my wife that was defective from day one, only to find the bizarre attitude that somehow the warranty on the device is only valid if I bought the device directly from BlackBerry! So if you buy a sealed box with a piece of paper inside pretending to be the warranty they think they can ignore Federal Trade regulations and interpret it to only be valid if you buy it directly from BlackBerry! I'm darn close to filing an official complaint and causing BlackBerry as much trouble as I possibly can in the process! The only thing that kept me from already doing this is that I don't want to further degrade the brand and its usability for myself and all the other BB10 diehards who loathe the deeply invasive way that Google wants to data mine the privacy of anyone who so much as touches an android device. But I'm Also very angry that I have an unhappy wife who owns a $600 paperweight! She's getting rightfully tired of constantly having problems with a device that was supposed to be at least comparable to the other phones she could've gotten to replace her Z10. But she's becoming more and more aware that the features of her Priv are inferior yet she spent more money getting it! She also has seen the less secure Galaxy S8 our daughter uses never quit, whereas her Priv hasn't ever worked right! We've seen constant random reboots get to the point of multiple times during a single conversation, despite my deleting EVERY app that didn't come pre-loaded! After the security update for June she's been unable to use WiFi or connect to her car via Bluetooth.

Any suggestions before I use the "nuclear option"?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    08-18-17 11:31 AM
    It is common sense that you have to buy from an official seller to get warranty.
    08-18-17 11:39 AM
    You probably will not get any satisfaction from using any nuclear option, but it if makes you feel better, try it.

I only expect a warranty if I buy a phone from a retailer like Amazon, Best Buy or similar. If I buy from ebay or other such vendors, most likely the phone won't have a great warranty if any.
    08-18-17 01:26 PM
    If you haven't done a factory reset recently, you should do it. That's what BlackBerry would tell you to try anyway before any servicing.
    08-18-17 02:13 PM
    Who did you buy it from? Was it sold as a brand new never used PRIV? A "sealed" box is no guarantee that someone didn't sell you a defective used device.
    08-18-17 06:23 PM
    I am furious over the poor quality of "tech support" we've suffered from when I spent hundreds of dollars in purchasing a Priv for my wife that was defective from day one, only to find the bizarre attitude that somehow the warranty on the device is only valid if I bought the device directly from BlackBerry! So if you buy a sealed box with a piece of paper inside pretending to be the warranty they think they can ignore Federal Trade regulations and interpret it to only be valid if you buy it directly from BlackBerry! I'm darn close to filing an official complaint and causing BlackBerry as much trouble as I possibly can in the process! The only thing that kept me from already doing this is that I don't want to further degrade the brand and its usability for myself and all the other BB10 diehards who loathe the deeply invasive way that Google wants to data mine the privacy of anyone who so much as touches an android device. But I'm Also very angry that I have an unhappy wife who owns a $600 paperweight! She's getting rightfully tired of constantly having problems with a device that was supposed to be at least comparable to the other phones she could've gotten to replace her Z10. But she's becoming more and more aware that the features of her Priv are inferior yet she spent more money getting it! She also has seen the less secure Galaxy S8 our daughter uses never quit, whereas her Priv hasn't ever worked right! We've seen constant random reboots get to the point of multiple times during a single conversation, despite my deleting EVERY app that didn't come pre-loaded! After the security update for June she's been unable to use WiFi or connect to her car via Bluetooth.

Any suggestions before I use the "nuclear option"?

What is the " nuclear option"?
    08-19-17 01:08 PM
    What is the " nuclear option"?
    Have a meltdown, kicking off, throw a wobbler, give someone a roasting. OP calls up BB and expresses his dissatisfaction in an exuberant way.. I feel his pain, had the same hassle with HTC 10 months back.
    08-19-17 04:25 PM
    Sorry to hear about the problems. OP didn't give enough info for giving specific tips or help. If his PRIV was bought from a 3rd party and there was trouble from day one, then it sounds as though the 3rd party would be the one responsible. That being said, the best way I know to get tech support from BlackBerry directly is to contact via Twitter BlackBerry's official help account @blackberryhelp and proceed from there.
    08-20-17 11:53 AM
    The OP knows that he didn't buy the phone from BlackBerry... so that can only mean he bought it from a third party. He should grab his receipt and return it to the merchant that he bought it from.
    08-20-17 08:17 PM
    The original seller went far beyond the expected support by replacing the 1st defective Priv. The next one was working fine for six months and then the update that BlackBerry pushed to her Priv killed the WiFi & Bluetooth. How is that the fault of dailysteals.com? They didn't build either the device or the software, BlackBerry did! They weren't the ones that sent the monthly update, but BlackBerry was. I don't care if they've decided not to manufacture phones any more, but I DO care when I spend hundreds of dollars for a cell that becomes barely usable after the 2nd or 3rd update since it originally worked fine. She could use BT to connect with her car for hands free talking and she could save our data plan by using the WiFi networks at home and in her office. After the update it used up our data plan and wouldn't work hands free in the same car as before the update. I can't say that the current issues are the fault of the website selling sealed factory new phones months after purchase. It isn't their fault that BlackBerry has decided to become dishonest and dishonorable. I guess we were stupid to trust that the phone we were buying that wears the BlackBerry name & logo, just like the seven+ other phones our family has bought in the last three years would be as high of a quality as the others we've been quite pleased with. 3 out of the 4 of us have used BlackBerry phones since before the Z10 came out which served wife & son well. If she hadn't needed to get an android app for work she would've just kept the Z10. Son broke his Z30 and decided to try the DEK50, which promptly had display cracked after a less than 8" fall when 5 weeks old. Of course we didn't get even a penny in credit for the DEK60 he bought instead.

10-22-17 06:48 AM