since I updated my priv to marshmallow the apps that were stored on my SD card have disappeared so I reinstalled them but now some of them crash repeatedly in the background and when I attempt to open them, is anyone else experiencing this and does anyone have a solution?
    06-08-16 06:24 AM
    MM does not allow apps to run from the SD card for security reasons.

However, during initial OS install, you are asked if the SD card should be treated as device memory instead. If you select this option, you will not be able to take the card out and use it anywhere else.
    06-08-16 06:54 AM
    I did that and now I'm reinstalling all the apps that were on the SD card but many of them are repeatedley crashing once I install them and I don't think that it is a compatability issue as one of the apps crashing is inbox by google and it is the most up to date version
    06-08-16 07:00 AM
    I did that and now I'm reinstalling all the apps that were on the SD card but many of them are repeatedley crashing once I install them and I don't think that it is a compatability issue as one of the apps crashing is inbox by google and it is the most up to date version
    So your SD card was formatted and encrypted as extended device storage?

OK, well I don't see any connection between doing that, and your apps not working. Something else must be going on.
    06-08-16 07:30 AM
    But it's only since the Marshmallow update that the apps stopped working so it must be something to do with the update and its only apps that were on the sd card
    06-08-16 07:40 AM
    Can you uninstall the apps and then reinstall them?

Might be time to start over.... do a Factory Reset
    06-08-16 07:54 AM
    The apps were already uninstalled when the SD card was formatted, I think a factory reset is going to be my next step
    06-08-16 08:08 AM
    just coz yu don't see them doesn't mean they are not there.. always check ya application manager settings.. if yu see them.. either first transfer them to phone memory nd uninstall. Some updated apps have stopped coz they no longer support sd card installation as a part of MM updates. So before Uninstalling nd installing first clear data.. transfer them to device than uninstall nd reinstall nd login again if so required.

BlackBerry Z30 fan nd a Proud Passport SE user
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-08-16 12:49 PM