I'm in the military and often need to access websites that require CAC card authentication. I've tried plugging a micro-USB CAC reader into my Q10, but this didn't work. Has anyone had success with any model of BlackBerry and CAC reader to access CAC enabled websites? I'm aware that the R2S App by Thursby works with the Priv and Passport, but from what I understand that it won't work with an unlocked phones, which is something I want/need. I'd prefer to just plug a CAC reader in and navigate directly to the website I need, rather than going through an app.
    07-20-17 07:31 AM
    Depends on the model and OS on your Blackberry, but I did have it working years ago by using the wireless/Bluetooth CAC reader and connecting it via Bluetooth to the Blackberry.

This might help you:

http://www.steelcloud.com/docs/baiMo...-Brochures.pdf

This is the one I used - but make sure you have ALL the DOD Certifictes loaded into the device or it will not authyenticate you correctly:

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Sma...UvbUpU12966043
    07-20-17 07:38 AM
    I don't know anything about CAC or the reader you are using, but it might require a USB On-The Go (OTG) cable to connect the reader to the Q10.
    07-20-17 10:27 AM
    I don't know anything about CAC or the reader you are using, but it might require a USB On-The Go (OTG) cable to connect the reader to the Q10.
    The Q10 doesn't support OTG as I recall.

OP: if your Q10 is tied to a BES, the admins should be able to get you the packages you need, or you may be able to access the sites from the work profile, since it is on your internal network. If your handset isn't a managed device, you may be out of luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-17 05:38 PM
    I know we had cac readers that attached to the Blackberry's when I was working at the clinic for the Z10's and Q10's. Not sure what they're using nowadays.
    07-20-17 05:56 PM
    You'll need the certificates.. BB bold 9900 is a good choice
    07-23-17 01:49 PM